Karya Property Management
Overland Park , KS 66221
Posted 1 month ago
Karya Property Management is looking to hire a full time a Lead Maintenance Supervisor at our Clear Creek property. This property is a Class A with 288 units.
We are seeking a reliable, knowledgeable, and energetic candidate to lead, support, and work alongside our maintenance staff.
Candidate must hold their EPA/HVAC certs (CPO preferred), and show great time management, reliability, and leadership skills.
The Lead Maintenance Supervisor supports and assists the maintenance staff by providing directing and coaching team, assisting in completing work orders, conducting property inspections, opening new properties, and overseeing capital improvements.
- Represent the company is a professional and courteous manner with internal and external customers
- Responds to resident, management, and service request for occupied apartments as directed by management
- Schedule, coordinate and perform a wide range of technical maintenance and repair operations in turnovers, including but not limited to HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and appliances
- Determine methods and procedures on all projects and provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel
- Manage all maintenance contractors and vendors, which includes all vendor contracts, budgets, maintenance/equipment
- Manage vendor relationships, ensuring delivery schedules, quality and quantity criteria are met
- Assists with ensuring established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed and documented in accordance with Karya best practices
- Uses service request system and schedules to establish priorities. Determines with Property Manager request or emergencies that should be top priority. Monitors the completion of service requests. Monitors the completion of Service Request to limit call-backs
- Reviews maintenance team's work to ensure quality standards are met and work in completed in Karya's policies and procedures.
- Maintain required records such as material usage, production, time, and other reports as required by the Property Manager
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in lead maintenance role with multifamily community
- EPA & HVAC Certification Required
- CPO preferred
- Onesite preferred
- Bilingual required
- Must have reliable transportation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Expert knowledge of machines and tools, including designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- High level of commitment to safety and security
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated independent work initiative and sound judgement
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. At times, this position requires hard hats, and hazardous material protective apparel to be worn.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed outside, not in an environmentally controlled environment.
The noise level in the work environment is between moderate and loud in the reduction area and construction sites.
Salary range will depend on experience with PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Basic Life Insurance.