Lead Dishroom Attendant
University Of Texas At Austin - Housing &Amp; Dining
Austin , TX 78701
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Assist management with overseeing the operation of the Jester Second Floor Dining dish room, while responding to work related requests and instructions for students and staff.
- Assist the Supervisor in processing of dish ware, sort silverware, scrap and stack dishes throughout meal periods.
- Set-up and break down the dish room daily, ensuring that all dining sanitation practices and procedures are completed correctly by the staff. Identify opportunities to strengthen procedures when possible.
- Ensure the completion of daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks over an above processing dish ware including but no limited to, maintaining the dish machine, conveyor belts and transport equipment.
- Remove trash periodically throughout shift, clean and line trash cans for next shift.
- Training staff in proper sanitation techniques while maintaining an exceptional level of productivity in the area.
- Provide feedback on staff performance and create a working environment where employees have the opportunity to develop their skills.
- Maintain chemical room according to proper standard procedures; closet for mops and brooms kept neatly and complete before the end of your shift.
- Six month commercial cleaning experience. Six month experience working with commercial equipment such as commercial dish machines. Experience working in a team environment giving basic instructions to team members.
- High school graduation or GED. More than 2 years of experience in dish room operation and operating commercial high volume dish washing equipment. Over 2 years of experience in front of house cleaning and restocking. Experience working in a large dining operation. Six months experience in recycling/composting. Six months experience leading other employees. Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal communication skills and time management skills. Ability to work independently, oversee general upkeep of facility and report discrepancies to management. Demonstrated ability to receive, respond, and follow through with written and oral University and Housing and Dining policies, procedures and work related instructions from supervisors, customers, and co-workers. Have and maintain a current ServSafe Certificate or a current Travis County Food Handlers Card. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
$27,560 + depending on qualificationsWorking Conditions:
- Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished)
- May work in extreme temperatures
- May work around electrical and mechanical hazards
- Use of manual dexterity
- Climbing of stairs
- Climbing of ladders
- Lifting and moving
- Pushing, pulling, and moving up to 50 pounds; Lifting and moving up to 62 pounds.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete testing for strength and agility prior to employment.
- Employer paid Health insurance (Employee only)
- 40 hour work weeks
- Retirement plan
- Free Capitol Metro transit pass
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Free meals with worked shift
- Work days, area and work hours may vary based on the needs of the Unit and Housing and Dining (UHD)