Lead Devops Engineer
Pierce Technology Corp
Jersey City , NJ 07097
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Oversees and leads the activities of the APS DevOps team including the automation and configuration management of servers; provide a stable environment for delivering quality software applications.
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical APS business applications.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Collaborate with application support teams and engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Automate the provisioning of environments with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers (Docker).
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure the work is thoroughly designed, smartly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to business partners (using the incident management process).
- Participate to the DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment (Best Practices- Release/Automation/Tool Integrations).
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required
- Strong technical management skills (along with performance reviews, hiring of talent, training, mentoring).
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible.
- Ability to use open source technologies and cloud services.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for a high availability environment.
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Strong collaborator with superior communication skills.
- Provide direction on Proof of Concept (POC) and the standardization of tools.
- Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, Software Engineer) or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering
- At least 5+ years of management.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps engineer
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience with tools version control, build & repository, CI, provisioning & deployment, Linux and Windows package manager, document management, and collaboration.
- Technical and Behavioral Competencies Nice to Haves
- AppDynamics performance management
- Gitlab version control
- Maven/Nexus build & repository
- Jenkins continuous integration
- Ansible provisioning & deployment
- RPM Linux package manager
- Chocolatey windows package manager
- Jira plan, manage, share & measure
- Confluence knowledge/document management
- Symphony collaboration
Oracle, Mongo DB.
General banking knowledge.
Expertise with containerization technologies (Docker).