Lead Designer At Mediamonks US
Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
MediaMonks US is hiring a brilliant and thoughtful handson Lead Designer to guide design teams in crafting topnotch designs for one of the world's highestprofile brands.
Working at MediaMonks means youll be part of a fun, successful and fast-moving company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to creative production. Challenges are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you meet and exceed this profile, wed love to meet you.
What youll do:
- Lead, build and manage a team of international designers that craft amazing work for the worlds biggest brands. You will be a defining voice on the art and design direction of your projects, working in close collaboration with a creative director or design director in your local team.
- Translate brand values, creative concepts, UX documentation and userstories into functional and expressive design solutions by yourself, and brief and review designers on producing these designs.
- Working directly with your clients and internal teams, youll ensure we are going above and beyond the original brief to push whats possible on both a creative and technical level.
- Employing your problemsolving skills and full stack of design solutions to guide projects and design teams from start, finish and everywhere in between to ensure the highest quality of the delivery.
- Present and substantiate the work created by you and/or your design team in person or through video calls when working on pitches and proposals, or during production. Youll direct (or create) prototypes and/or animations of designs where needed to provide additional clarification.
- Provide verbal and written (narrative driven) conceptual thinking and design rationale to articulate and strengthen your (and your teams) proposals.
- Have opinions and not be afraid to voice them.
- Youre a natural design leader and teacher, with a great instinct and proven track record for fostering, growing, educating, motivating, and retaining a team of creative designers.
- Next to this youre a great designer yourself and you dont mind getting your hands dirty. You prove your visual prowess through your online portfolio and relevant working experience of 8+ years across the field of digital and web design. Beyond aesthetic excellence, your portfolio demonstrates exemplary presentation, research, troubleshooting and problemsolving skills.
- Your unwavering curiosity never stops you from learning and progressing. You love pushing the envelope both personally and professionally.
- You love people and their diversity. Youre great to work with, as you have strong social and communication skills that ensure you understand how colleagues and clients work and think.
- A feel for the politics of advertising and pitfalls of production.
- A critical eye but youre not critical. You understand that a combination of kudos and critique makes people want to go the extra mile.
- A thorough understanding of design fundamentals such as typography, interaction design and usability, grid systems, white space, aspect ratios and color theory, tying all of these elements together with obsessive attention to detail.
- You feel confident in tackling highend projects in collaboration with colleagues and clients alike.
- Mastery of all modern design and prototyping tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Figma, Principle). Youre tidy, and you know how to organize your files, layers and folders to make the lives of colleagues easier.
- Based on your experience and expertise, you can judge on the quality of the user experience, and explain what needs to be achieved to make it better.
- Mindful of your time, budget and schedule, you are flexible and willing to put in the time and dedication needed to make each project you and your team work on a success.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a persons appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.