Internal custodian applicants requesting transfer within the same or lower grade and/or job title of that pay grade 11/14/19
All other internal applicants and/or external applicants Until Filled (Applicable only if there are no qualified internal custodian applicants requesting transfer within the same or lower grade and/or job title of that pay grade.)
Description: The Lead Custodian
Elementary School assists in providing a neat, clean, safe, and attractive area for the learning environment by performing custodial duties through oral and written instructions from the Head Custodian, Manager of Operations
Custodial or site Administrator. Incumbents supervise, direct, and assign duty hours to regular employees and additional part-time, temporary, seasonal, or student employees assigned to them by the Head Custodian, Manager of Operations
Custodial or site Administrator.
1.Perform all duties normally associated with the position of custodian; i.e., scrubbing, vacuuming, waxing, treating, polishing, dusting, sweeping and washing of all walls, floors, ceilings, doors, wardrobes or cabinets, furniture, blackboards, erasers and other equipment to ensure a safe and clean environment.
2.General maintenance and repair of equipment in the building to meet School District needs.
3.General maintenance and repair of playground areas to meet School District needs.
4.Reporting and elimination of hazards observed; correct as necessary to ensure a safe environment.
5.Conservation of fuel, electricity, water, and equipment by observation and correction of improper operation of equipment or systems to meet School District needs.
6.Lock and unlock buildings according to the schedule for the area.
7.Pick up scrap paper and debris in buildings and/or on the grounds areas, and dispose of waste in properly identified containers to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy environment.
8.May be responsible for the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of unique equipment and/or systems such as but not limited to boilers, cooling towers, geo-thermal systems, heat pump systems, irrigation systems, septic or sewer systems, swimming pools, water chiller systems, wells, etc.
9.Encourage employees towards higher standards of performance, by helping each employee improve their skills to improve performance.
10. Operate Facility Management System (FMS).
11. Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of buildings of five thousand (5,000) square feet to one hundred fifty thousand (150,000) square feet in size.
12. Supervises and provides work direction to one (1) to five (5) regular employees and additional part-time, temporary, seasonal or student employees so that work is completed in a timely manner.
13. Other job related duties as assigned.
1.High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2.Posses and maintain valid driver's license, with class stipulated by the School District.
3.Posses and maintain valid appropriate certifications and licenses, as stipulated by the School District and/or local, state or federal regulatory agencies, in order to maintain and operate building equipment and/or systems.
4.Be able to read, understand and write instructions associated with the equipment and supplies used and prepare reports required of the position.
5.Ability to work outside or inside in all weather conditions.
6.Must be a self-starter and able to produce work with minimum supervision.
7.Must be willing and able to work hours other than the regular shift as needed including overtime assigned to the employee, such as weekends, holidays, boiler checks, Community Education programs, etc.
8.Regularly able to lift objects in excess of fifty (50) pounds.
9.Ability to climb ladders or other climbing apparatus to a minimum height of twelve (12) feet.
10. No allergies to chemicals.
11. Pass physical examination, if required.
12. Knowledge of Facility Management System (FMS) desirable.
13. Ability to supervise and give work direction to custodians.
14. One (1) to three (3) years experience as a custodian desirable.
15. For current members of the custodial collective bargaining agreement, a Second Class C - Low Pressure Boiler's License or the ability to obtain this license within 110 days following appointment to the position.
For new hires not covered by the custodial collective bargaining agreement, a Second Class C - Low Pressure Boiler's License or the ability to obtain this license with 170 days following appointment to the position.
Elk River Area School District