Lead Bartender - Cecconis Soho Beach House (Full Time)
Soho House & Co.
Miami Beach , FL 33140
Posted 2 months ago
Who We Are
The Soho House Group is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, the Group is developing with new openings planned globally.
Soho Beach House is a private members club, hotel and spa located on the historic site of the Sovereign Hotel. The site has been redesigned and expanded to include a 16-story oceanfront tower.
Overlooking the ocean, the House includes 49 bedrooms, a private beach, an expansive Cowshed Spa and gym. There are two pools, indoor and outdoor dining, secluded gardens, a screening room and Cecconis open to the public.
At Soho House, the Lead Bartender responsible for representing the highest standard of service and respected example for their peers to look to for support. As the Lead Bartender, you are an extension of the management team and supervise staff during the shift and ensure cocktails, coffees, juices, & wine are sent out to the floor and served at the bar in accordance to standards set for service and quality control.
A Lead Bartender requires high levels of organization, problem-solving and communication skills. You may also be responsible for supervising multiple aspects of supplying, running, and operating the bar. Ultimately, your main responsibility is to ensure that the bar staff provides positive experiences!
- Act as extension of management team and maintain the following programs: house-made syrups, fresh juices, batching, barrel aged cocktails, bespoke coffee, hot beverages and any specialty cocktails
- Ensure cleanliness of the bar including underneath bar top, the sink basins, speed rails, storage areas, floors and drains below the wells, back bar bottles, glassware shelves, all metal surfaces on low boys and espresso machine
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation as well as update Side Work Sheets to be up to date while communicating any inventory and purchase orders required to efficiently and effectively operate the bar
- Represent Soho House ethos & standards and the philosophy of House Tonic program while influencing sales to generate revenue
- Complete, delegate and support management by carrying out any opening and closing bar duties and ensure the bar is set-up to Health Department and Soho House standards
- Assist and participate in the development of seasonal menu implementations for the beverage program, including new product tasting with suppliers
- Support and participate in product and skill educational opportunities and the development of the beverage training program for all staff
- Well-versed and knowledgeable about all menu items (food and drink), pairing opportunities and upselling to provide optimal guest / member experience
- Follow service standards, mixture of ingredients to craft a Soho cocktail and collection of payment through MIROS (or similar POS)
- Check identification of customers to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products as well as determine when a customer has had too much alcohol
- 5+ years of bar experience and proven leader with exceptional skills to influence others behind the bar
- Strong communication and people skills while also cognizant of the bottom line and generating revenue
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced and demanding environment that doesnt sacrifice quality with quantity
- Flexible schedule
- Tips certified.
- Micros knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.