Shift: 1ST SHIFT
100 Results Way Marlborough MA USA 01752
The Lead Automation Engineer will provide technical leadership in the design, development, programming, and application of process automation systems. This role will identify the project and/or product requirements and develop design specifications for process systems and all components for process automation systems, including hardware and software. This role will also provide technical support and design of automation interfaces to ensure that the process automation system integrates with the customer’s site enterprise system.
• Generate detailed requirements for automation projects, both internally and with external customers, for FlexFactory and related products.
• Perform the detailed design for projects by converting engineering and system design into purchase requisitions, drawings, panel designs, and installation details consistent with the specification and functional descriptions
• Establishing process automation system test plans to determine compliance with functional and design requirements
• Establishing methods and processes to deploy, install, and configure customer specific control and network strategies
Quality Specific Goals
• Be aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving
• Design Control Functional Design Requirements
• Create design documents for new product introductions (NPI) Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and at least 5 years of technical experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or equivalent automated process industries
• Experience in the programming of DeltaV systems.
• Experience at biotech/pharma commercial manufacturing facility in automation role
• Demonstrated experience in network design of Emerson DeltaV Process Automation Systems
• Comprehensive understanding and strong hands-on development experience of application development and system/hardware integration.
• Ability to work together and communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to develop simple approaches to solve complex design problems.
• Ability to make an impact, understands complex issues, and can clearly communicate with technology and business leaders.
• Must be willing to travel up to 10%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Marlborough, MA
• Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration environment
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task
• Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
• Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Global project experience
• Knowledge of NEC/NFPA/UL/CE/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
• Experience with FDA regulated industries (GMP)
• Knowledge of GAMP
Arete Technologies Inc