Landscape Commercial Maintenance Superintendent
James Martin Associates
Vernon Hills , IL 60061
Posted 2 months ago
James Martin Associates, Inc., a Vernon Hills Landscape and Snow Management firm, seeks a full time, experienced, Commercial Landscape Maintenance Superintendent to schedule, plan and manage commercial landscape maintenance crews. Consider this career if you have the skills, passion and determination to direct our crews in producing extraordinary results. James Martin Associates is a leader in the landscape and snow management industry, providing services to our customers in the northern Chicago area since 1977.Job Summary
Superintendent duties include effectively planning and scheduling the work from the day the contract is accepted, to the last day of cleanup, ensuring quality of workmanship. The Commercial Landscape Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible to be on-site, engaging with the clients, communicating with the crew and subcontractors, coordinating materials, labor, and equipment to efficiently produce award winning landscapes. It is the Superintendents responsibility to be a team leader, recruiting, supervising and coordinating the continued development of our crews. Job Duties
Job Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Plan and schedule crews for weekly landscape contract and enhancement services.
- Make daily site visits, and phone contact with crew members to ensure quality services
and customer satisfaction.
- Direct landscape crews on efficient maintenance methods, be responsible for job costing
and profitability of crew services.
- Hire, train and provide performance reviews of crew members.
- Ensure safe practices are being followed by crew members, perform safety audits and
safety bonus system.
- Participate in snow plow driving and management activities during winter months at our commercial snow customer sites.
- Expert knowledge of landscape maintenance standards.
- Knowledge of plant material, horticulture, job estimating.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal with crew members and clients.
- Detailed project management and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, prepared to work in an intense, cooperative team environment.
- Effective problem solver; and a flexible, hard working individual.
- Self motivated, highly organized style
2+ years experience with commercial landscape maintenance crew supervision. Prefer degree in landscape management, horticulture or equivalent experience. CLT Certification, preferred. CDL license a plus. Spanish language skills beneficial. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
The Commercial Landscape Maintenance Superintendent position is a full time, salaried, exempt position. Expected hours during the landscape season requiring flexibility to work between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm, including Saturdays. Potential work hours during the snow season include nighttime, weekends, and holidays to perform snow removal activities. Benefits include medical, dental, 401K, vacation time off plan, and paid holidays.Salary and Benefits
We offer 401k, medical benefits, PTO & profit sharing. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Strict Non Smoking BUSINESS
- Valid drivers license with record acceptable for insurance requirements
- Background check
- Drug and Alcohol Testing & Policies