Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
Weigh nonferrous material and input transaction into “in-house” system.
Oversee loading of trailers/containers as to content, weight and quality.
Responsible for following all legal requirements on purchasing nonferrous materials. These requirements include but are not limited to: check ID, take picture of seller, record vehicle information, etc.
Interact with employees on other scales in order to verify/restrict duplication of purchases.
Quote nonferrous prices within a range supplied by management and/or verify correct pricing.
Ensure metals that are purchased are correct and properly classified.
Print nonferrous tickets for customers to receive payment for materials sold.
General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
Operate small equipment such as a forklift.
Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor and clean equipment as needed.
Assist and direct customers to proper location to unload materials.
Be able to understand environmental policies and be able to maintain a clean work environment as it pertains to our policies and procedures.
Scan driver’s licenses and vehicle tags into hand held database.
Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
Minimum of 1 year previous general labor and/or customer service experience preferred.
Ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
Ability to operate essential equipment (forklift, bobcat, etc.).
Ability to greet visitors, direct truck, and peddler traffic to proper locations for processing.
Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
VIEW JOBS7/10/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-10-08T00:00Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. We are currently accepting applications for seasoned Laborers wanting to advance their construction careers. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of commercial construction and remodeling practices as well as a comprehensive understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, materials, specifications, quality and cost control measures and safety requirements associated with commercial building.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* General and final cleanup
* Distribution / cleanup of power hand-tools / extension cords / generators
* Dewatering activities / set-up water pumps and hoses
* Manual moving of formwork, lumber, resteel and material / accessories
* Hand excavation and backfill
* Hand grade sub-base
* Place vapor barrier / board insulation
* Place and tie resteel
* Placing concrete from a truck, pump, bucket, buggy, conveyor, etc.
* Rake concrete / screed concrete / edge concrete / broom finish concrete
* Vibrate concrete
* Place concrete blankets
* Strip/ wreck, clean and oiling of formwork
* General / selective demolition of masonry, drywall, plaster, partitions of all types, ceilings of all types, finishes of all types
* Use of demolition tools: jack hammer, air tools, sledge hammer, etc.
* Use of cutoff saw
* Use a cutting torch
* Other tasks as directed by supervisor
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of five years' experience in all phases of commercial construction
* Candidates must have transportation and good communication skills
* Be willing to work within a 50 mile radius
* Be able to work in a variety of seasonal and weather conditions
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We maintain a drug free work place with pre-employment and random substance abuse testing. Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
VIEW JOBS6/15/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-09-13T00:00About Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: General Labor
The General Laborer will report to a Trades Manager or Project Manager. The General Laborer must be able to understand direction at times work as a helper, and complete general construction task. Task can range from drywall and finishing, demolition, general maintenance, trenching, cleaning, equipment moves, snow removal, and a helper for the electrical, plumbing, casework, and HVAC install groups. Roofing and glazing is a plus. Must be able to work in a team environment and possess good organizational, and communication skills. Follows all safety standards and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* General construction and trades installation work of new and replacement materials as directed by your supervisor.
* General maintenance and repair of building systems
* General cleanup and moves as directed by your supervisor
* Conduct general tasks including, but not limited to, timesheet, purchase records, safety training, skills training, group meetings and maintaining tools and vehicle
* High school graduate / G.E.D. or equivalent
* 2+ years of experience in residential or commercial/industrial application and general knowledge on repairs and installation
* Valid driver's license
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Basic mathematical abilities in all units of measure. Able to read tape measure and read blue prints, as well as specification manuals. SAFETY FOCUS
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emcor Group, Inc.CincinnatiOH
VIEW JOBS11/29/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-02-27T00:00ENTRY LEVEL POSITION - START YOUR CAREER WITH US!!! EARN $17.00 - $20.75/hour!! The
Our Cincinnati, OH branch is currently seeking Field Laborers who are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with tank cleaning, pressure water blasting, emergency response clean-up, hazardous waste clean-up and the handling of hazardous materials. This is an entry level position that provides training and opportunity for growth. Flexible schedule and overnight travel is required.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
We offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
* Competitive Wages depending on experience - Earn $17.00 - $20.75/hour!!
* Annual boot allowance;
* All PPE and uniforms provided and cleaned daily;
* 10 Paid Vacation, 3 Paid Personal and 5 Paid days off per year;
* Travel Expenses Paid for (Hotels and Per Diems);
* Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion;
* Comprehensive Health, Dental and Life Insurance;
* 401K with Matching, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off;
* Company paid certifications, licenses and training: DOT, Confined Space Entry, RCRA, HAZWOPER 40.
* Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
* Performs non-emergency and emergency response activities that deal with biological and chemical hazardous waste;
* Performs labor intensive activities outside, in all weather conditions throughout the day;
* Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights;
* Operates light and heavy equipment including: skid steers, forklifts, oil spill booms and vacuum equipment.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
* 3-6 months experience in a similar field such as construction or industrial labor preferred;
* Valid Driver's License required;
* Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies;
* Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods of time and to work on an on-call basis (travel up to two weeks at a time).
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Requisition # 64084
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors, Inc.CincinnatiOH