ASPHALT / AGGREGATE
1.Measure distance from grade stakes, drive stakes & stretch tight line.
2.Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
3.Level earth using pick or shovel (Aggregate or asphalt).
4.Level blacktop using lute.
5.Raise manhole covers.
6.Perform flagging duties as needed.
7.May operate small powered hand tools.
8.May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
9.Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as bobcat, tractor, jackhammer, roller, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer, steel drum or rubber tire roller.
10. Shovel excess material away from crusher, screen or washplant unit as needed.
11. Remove road joints.
12. Hook up and un hook small trailer to pick-up.
13. Fill sand bags.
14. Change bag house bags.
15. Able to operate skidster for cleanup of materials.
16. Able to drive truck/skidster trailer combination to transport skidsters and other equipment and material from site to site (CDL license).
17. Level earth using pick or shovel (aggregate or asphalt).
18. May operate small powered hand tools.
19. May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
20. Clean around shingle grinder and perform laboring tasks involving working with fiberglass and other types of shingle.
21. Shovel material spillage from around conveyors and shingle grinder.
22. Change and replace shingle grinder screens and teeth.
23. Monitor belts, bearings, fluid levels and operation of shingle grinder and conveyors.
28. Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms.
29. Smoothe and finish freshly poured cement or concrete using float, trowel or screed.
30. Keep concrete yard, and buildings neat and clean looking.
31. Perform housekeeping on various company equipment to keep them looking good to the public and customers, easier for operators and maintenance to do preventative maintenance checks, and for maintenance personnel to make repairs when needed.
32. Operate asphalt/concrete saw.
33. Cut and tying of rebar.
34. Perform general concrete set-up and tear-down of forms.
35. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
36. Ensure OSHA, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
37. Performs other duties as assigned. Benefits:
Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions
Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement
Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement
Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match
Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents
Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice
Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors
College Scholarship Program for Dependents
Gift Matching Program How To Apply: Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.
MDU Resources Group, Inc.