Philadelphia , PA
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Prime uses cutting-edge technologies in Genomics, High Throughput assays and Artificial Intelligence to develop novel diagnostics for various Autoimmune diseases, Cancer and Pathogen Infections. The team is assembled from the world's foremost biotech and genomics firms including Genentech R&D, The Human and Earth Microbiome Project, NYU, Columbia University, University of Michigan, and leading computational genomics companies.
The Prime Discoveries R&D laboratory is located in Biolabs at CIC in Philadelphia. BioLabs is a membership-based network of shared lab and office facilities located in key biotech innovation clusters and the nucleus for innovation in Greater Philadelphia.
Job Description Summary
The Laboratory scientist will conduct experimental research involving aspects of research and development using various molecular biology techniques. Duties include management of the laboratory, which involves ordering supplies, keeping inventories for various experimental reagents, and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
A laboratory scientist position is immediately available in the R&D laboratory of Prime Discoveries located in Philadelphia. The ideal candidate will work on research and development of novel rapid panels including technologies such as RT-LAMP, RT-PCR and NGS for COVID-19, respiratory conditions, and other infectious diseases.
The job duties include:
- Performing PCR, Real Time PCR, including primer and probe design
- Preparing samples for Next Generation Sequencing pipelines using the Illumina Platform (RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, DNA quantification, etc.)
- Preparing and pipetting small volume solutions
- Preparing and receiving shipments between partner laboratories and customers
- Development and performing assays to support pipeline testing
- Maintaining records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Perform tasks in a repeatable and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively with team members and client staff
- Order and maintain laboratory space, inventory, and supplies
The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least 4-years experience including molecular biology techniques and small volume pipetting
- Sound knowledge of molecular biology and aseptic techniques
- Computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Prior experience designing Primers and Probes for PCR assays
- Prior experience working with DNA/RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, DNA quantification etc
- Previous experience working with RT-PCR instruments including QuantStudio or similar platforms, PCR thermal cyclers, and/or plate readers for DNA/RNA amplification and detection
- Previous experience with sample preparation for the Illumina sequencing platform is preferred (training will be provided).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, with strong work ethics and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor, Master Degree, or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Eng., or related science. Experience in lieu of qualification might be considered.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Position is full-time, Monday - Friday
- Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Philadelphia are encouraged to apply
To apply email your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Prime Discoveries offers a competitive benefits package and flexibility.