Laboratory Product Manager
San Diego , CA 92121
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At CliniComp, Intl. we create cool products, in a pleasant place with people we like. We design, develop, and implement software and hardware solutions for Healthcare IT. Our state-of-the-art technology has contributed to fundamental advancements in computer science. We are proud of our artificial intelligence initiatives that are adding significant depth to products that will further improve healthcare outcomes for patients. The foundation of all we do is to create things that really matter.
Were looking for a Laboratory Product Manager to serve as the internal subject matter expert on all things related to the Laboratory. In this role, you will direct the development, maintenance & optimization of laboratory information system software to ensure successful EHR operations utilizing the CliniComp|EHR Product Suite. This role would require you to analyze user needs, instrument interfaces, new technologies, billing requirements, and research appropriate workflows to further develop our Laboratory functions. This position will often collaborate with cross-functional teams and departments within CliniComp to ensure superior customer support, system optimization, and problem resolution. You will leverage your knowledge of laboratory technology, laboratory decision support, laboratory standards and expectations from commercial products in collaboration with teams to optimize product development. If you have an analytic mind with an aptitude for problem-solving and a strong background working with Laboratory technology, we want to talk to you!
- Serve as an internal expert on the selection of a laboratory partner to interface with the CliniComp, Intl. EMR. Identify product strengths and weaknesses across the multiple laboratory functions in an acute care hospital.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for facilitating the interfacing of laboratory partner to the CliniComp, Intl. EMR, including order entry through closed loop resulting. Address charge capture of laboratory items.
- Specify and document requirements for the development of software for laboratory specimen collection, testing, resulting, and billing along with other functional workflows at hospitals and health care provider organizations using the CliniComp|EHR product suite.
- Manage the product development from software specifications through testing and deployment for laboratory specimen collecting, processing, resulting and billing functions of acute care health care organizations, including inptatient and outpatient environments.
- Perform pre and post implementation assessment, document lessons learned, and follow-up driving positive results and process improvements.
- Develop, oversee and facilitate training programs to educate client staff on laboratory information system features and capabilities as they are implemented to our customer base.
- Participate in national, regional and local events that position CliniComp to be recognized as a leader in the use of information technology, including tradeshows and user group meetings. Assist in product demonstrations and business development opportunities
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance related to quality assurance, system change requests, usability issues, technical support, device integration, and coordinate with business partners as needed.
- Provide consultation and advice to business partners and leadership at CliniComp, Intl.
- Bachelors Degree in Laboratory Technology or related field.
- Laboratory Information Systems Experience
- 5 - 7 years acute care hospital experience
- License/Certification: Medical Technologist (MT)
- Experience with technology systems development, design, implementation and maintenance of 5-7 years
- Requires up to 10% of travel. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid drivers license.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain DoD ADP and VA High Risk Background clearance
Security Clearance: The start of the security clearance process is up to the discretion of the company and may begin no later than the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment, and commensurate with job requirements and the needs of the business. Successful completion of the security clearance process may not be required for every position but all candidates must be willing to submit to the process if requested by their manager according to the requirements of the position and business needs.
- 100% covered Medical and Dental coverage for you & your family
- Generous 401(k) plan and contribution
- Events and weekly lunches
- Engaging wellness activities
- Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- So many more to list
CCI complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and considers reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform primary responsibilities. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled