Brooklyn , NY 11226
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
HistoWiz is a histology service company in Brooklyn, NY that processes tissue specimens and digitizes the results for biomedical researchers. Our mission is to transform the fight against disease by not only expediting the process but also connecting scientists through innovative technology. We are looking for a dedicated and eager lab assistant to join our growing team.
- Lab organization
- Shipping and receiving client projects
- Maintain inventory and supplies
- Organize slides for packaging client specimens for shipments and delivery
- Slide and cassette printing
- Slide cleaning and scanning
- Follow strict quality control and quality assurance standard operating procedures
- Design and recommend processes, systems, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Communicate with customers via phone and email
- Perform any other duties upon request
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in life science or equivalent field preferred.
- Research or work experience with histology or immunohistochemistry strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Detail-oriented and have high integrity and discipline while working under pressure
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
We believe in investing in our employees professional development and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Above all, we look to foster strong team values, where we support each other through the fast-paced startup environment.
- 100% coverage on employee health, vision and dental insurance
- STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State personal income tax, New York City resident income tax, Yonkers resident income tax surcharge, and Yonkers nonresident earnings tax)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Team building events outside of the office