Vtech Solution, Inc.
Phoenix , AZ 85004
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Phoenix, AZ 85004 (Roosevelt & 7th Street)
Duration: 2 months Contract
Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, chemistry or related field AND two years lab experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Experience working in a biochemistry laboratory.
- Performs laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations;
- Performs skilled procedures, tests and analyses requiring the delicate manipulation and/or fine adjustments to equipment in response to activity of the sample or specimen being use
- Operates and maintains laboratory and experimental equipment such as spectrophotometers, microplate readers, centrifuges, analytical balances, photometers, and clinical analyzers;
- Performs repairs and makes arrangements for repairs to be performed; assists in the design and fabrication of research equipment.
- Prepares solutions;
- Modifies, adapts or varies standard procedures to meet the needs of the project and improves tests that are unsatisfactory.
- Assists in judging the validity of data obtained from experimental procedures and recommends additional tests and/or modifications.
- Compiles data on a computer and performing basic mathematical calculations in routine preliminary analyses.
- Assists in the development of written operating procedures and performs quality control checks to ensure procedures are followed.
- Organizing supplies, consumables or equipment and eensuring that the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks. Maintaining detailed records of controlled substances; packaging waste material and arranging for disposal according to established procedures
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions
- Use of software (word and excel at minimum) and computer equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse) for extended periods of time;
- Use office equipment, i.e. printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones, calculator
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 10 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Use basic math
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze and report data/results of tests conducted;
- Clean glassware and other laboratory equipment or materials using appropriate standards. Keep laboratory area clean.
Please feel free to call me on 202.410.4099 (D) to discuss further. I look forward to working with you!
202 410-4099 (Direct)