Are you ready for a great opportunity with Rush's OB/GYN IVG Laboratory? This entry level Lab Aide position will help provide front and back office support to our team. If you are looking to grow with a wonderful organization and department then this could the right fit for you.
The Laboratory Aide helps with laboratory duties pertaining to pre-operative, operative and post-operative protocols of the IVF laboratory under the supervision of the laboratory director. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and ICARE values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
1.Order Laboratory supplies correctly.
2.Stocking laboratory supplies.
3.FIFO, reconciliation of supplies, and basic QC like checking for blue tags on equipment.
4.Getting charts ready.
5.Scheduling in EPIC
6.Insurance reconciliation / registration and Andrology patient check in.
7.Properly uses telephone and gives accurate information. Communicates with Mds office and IVF laboratory.
8.Process phone order Add-On and Epic requests.
9.Perform courier specimen pick up in a timely manner.
10. Notify the appropriate personnel of problems.
11. Volunteers or willingly participates in special projects and completes them within an agreed upon time frame. 12. Reconcile patient lists to ensure samples are at Rush.
13. Reconcile egg, sperm and embryo inventory.
14. Be available for 2nd ID of samples required for safety checks.
15. Clean laboratory, procedure rooms and M room between patients by disinfection of surface areas and perform function checks on equipment as part of daily QC.
16. Packs and unpacks samples with required documentation.
17. Ferry instruments to HUBs between cases for sterilization.
18. Prepare and send reports to medical records
19. This is a representative description of duties for the above position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties which may be required.
Required Job Qualifications:
High School graduate.
Detail oriented, EPIC knowledge is a plus.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Competencies: Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
Ranked among the top 20 best places to work in healthcare by Indeed.
Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
Rush is ranked fifth for Quality and Accountability among 102 leading academic medical centers in the United States in a study conducted by the health care services company Vizient.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with submitting your job application,
please send a detailed description and screenshot of the error to email@example.com.
2019 rush university medical center
Rush University Medical Center