L1 Technical Support Engineer
Sandy , UT 84070
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Spiff (https://spiff.com) completely automates the sales commissions process. Currently, finance teams spend hours each month trying to prepare commissions, communicate them to their reps, deal with discrepancies, and then get those paid on time. Spiff automates the full process. We connect to clients current systems (Salesforce, Quickbooks, etc.) to reduce the work and amount of errors. Spiff also gives powerful, real-time data and insights to reps, managers, and executives about their commissions.
Were looking for someone to help us replicate our clients' excel commission models in the Spiff system. Commission spreadsheets are similar to other complex excel financial models so individuals with backgrounds or interest in FP&A, banking, audit, accounting, etc. will be helpful, but not necessary. Fast learning, technically sharp people with the ability to learn quickly and effectively will make the best candidates for this position.
As a L1 Technical Support Engineer, you are a critical component of the Client Success team, and for end-users, the first point of contact. You will respond to and troubleshoot cases submitted via email and a web-based ticketing system, from admins and end-users. Support is provided through email, web, chat, phone, and other channels as required in a timely and professional manner. All support activities and communication are thoroughly documented in a case management system.Key Responsibilities:
- Exceed client expectations by providing an amazing support experience
- Identify and resolve client issues via incoming emails, etc
- Answer how-to questions
- Replicate, troubleshoot, and describe simple bugs and report to product/engineering
- Provide clients with knowledge regarding software functionality and best practices
- Provide clients with root cause analysis and in depth troubleshooting
- Meet and exceed Service Level Agreements through effective incident management
- Keep thorough, clear, and complete records in the ticketing system of all actions taken
- Escalate tickets as appropriate
- Be friendly, efficient, and dependable, and always provide timely updates to users
- When assigned, create documentation of Support processes
- Contribute to overall content and quality of Spiffs knowledge base
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to navigate complex excel models.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional. Internally Spiff is a startup, and it is awesome. Externally, its important that clients see that fun, but as a Fintech startup, working with senior members of management at some of the biggest brands in the world, every interaction needs to be fast, professional, succinct, and intelligent.
- Reliable. Since your work will represent much of the first experience a client has with Spiff, you must be able to perform your work and manage your projects to complete them in a timely manner
- Detail oriented - you must be able to notice small details and fit them within the larger picture.
- Experience with commission plans and calculations
- Experience with Salesforce
- Incredible sense of humor
- Sales ops, especially familiarity with Salesforce (from an admin perspective)
- Technical expertise (SQL/database, light coding, etc...) is a huge plus
- Basic accounting/finance understanding
- Interest in Startups/Tech/Finance. Our team loves the startup community, and genuine interest in the space is huge.
- Group health plan
- Stocked kitchen
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Friday team lunches (after lockdown ends)
- Flexible work hours
- Come join the best team in the state! Were building amazing software to solve a massive sales and finance gap, and youll be a major part of our success.