Oversees and leads the activities of the L1 application support team.
Responsible for the management of all Level 1 Technical Support activities for APS applications.
Provide technical management and resolution of application problems while maximizing customer satisfaction and minimizing level 2 application support services.
Responsible for the management of Eyes on glass monitoring. End to End Monitoring of APS Infrastructure, closely analyzing the environments health and availability; and proactively identifying the issues; keeping the business up and running.
Responsible for the management of Start of Day and End of Day health checks.
Incident and Problem Management: Ensuring Customer Incidents are open and updated regularly using JIRA.
Troubleshooting and Recovery/Resolution Management: Resolve incidents or escalate to appropriate Level 2 support teams.
Contribute technical answers to the Knowledge Base database.
Responsible for providing status updates to management.
General banking knowledge.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required
Strong management skills (along with performance reviews, hiring of talent, training, mentoring)
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, diplomacy, and positive attitude.
Excellent communications skills.
Ability to make decisions independently.
Ability to work under stress and the pressure of deadlines.
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:00<strong>Location: Jersey City, NJ<br />
<div>Executes with respect to the planning, execution and/or implementation of projects through all phases, tasks and timelines.<br />
Ensures defined project management methodologies and industry best practices and project management methodologies are employed, including process quality reviews (PQRs) and post implementation reviews (PIRs).<br />
Supports Regulatory Reporting applications including filings required for NY Branch, Capital Markets, and BHC. <br />
Provides day to day administration and configuration of the application environment including but not limited to file imports, configuration settings, production monitoring and user support.<br />
Produces detailed system requirements specifications, complex data flow diagrams, test plans and process diagrams using standardized documentation methods. <br />
Collaborates with Developers, Analysts and Business Stakeholders to understand and propose technology solutions to meet complex business and technical objectives.<br />
Ensures that proposed solutions comply with the bank’s technology direction, change management and security policies. <br />
Submits Change Requests (CRs) and System Maintenance Logs (SMLs) as part of the change management process where applicable.<br />
Reviews use cases/enhancements for application change as part of the change management process where applicable.<br />
Assists with or prepares test strategies in coordination with Quality Assurance Team; engages with the Development team in unit testing and system testing to resolve reported issues.<br />
Provides support in identifying and implementing new technologies and functions, to assist the functional business users.<br />
Provides strong vendor management by coordinating initial contracts, resolving issues, maintaining communication, accountability and financial discipline<br />
Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises and Technology Recovery Services when needed.</div>
<div>Advanced knowledge creating data models and packages.<br />
Ability to gather and analyze end user requirements and build specifications.<br />
Familiarity with DFA including Section 165 and Basel III. <br />
Ability to work well autonomously and be a self-starter. <br />
Demonstrates resilience under pressure and ability to deal with complexity and respond quickly to uncertainty.<br />
Excellent analytical skills and ability to work to tight time scales.<br />
Good communication verbal and writing skills, including report writing. <br />
Detailed, thorough and diligent with robust data analysis and data profiling skills.</div>
<div><strong>Work Experience:</strong> <br />
5 to 7 years of specialized experience<br />
6+ years' experience as a Regulatory Reporting application administrator working on complex system integration projects within a technical environment is required.<br />
Preferred: BA / BS<br />
<strong>Language Skills:</strong><br />
Business fluency in the following language(s): English</div>TS Kandilit LLCJersey CityNJ
VIEW JOBS11/11/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-09T00:00Description:
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Senior Production Support Manager, responsible for managing the assigned area within the Centralized Application Production Support Services (CAPSS). The team has broad responsibilities for monitoring, validation, troubleshooting, reporting, break/fix activities, process improvements, identifying defects and suggesting solutions of Information Technology Group (ITG) owned or sponsored applications. Involves a 24 x 7 operation supporting hundreds of critical systems encompassing Mainframe z/OS, Microsoft Windows, AIX, Linux, Solaris, jBoss, Apache-Tomcat and vendor hosted applications. Evaluates system architectural design, transaction flow, data flow, volume, system capacity, response time, database transactions, file transmissions, MQ message handling, high availability characteristics and risks, and system logs, recommending changes to improve operational characteristics, reducing mean time to repair, increasing mean time to failure, reducing risk, reducing cost, and reducing customer impact. The individual must demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, should be good in communication skill both verbal and written and must be available to extend working hours based on production support need. Devises and modifies procedures to solve immediate problems and avoid future problems. Plans, organizes, documents, and implements the technical support protocol. Manages a team of more than 10+ people with a mix of employees and contractors, onshore and offshore, to achieve 7/24 coverage.
* Manages and develops a team of technology professionals to achieve service level agreements and improve the quality and reliability of production support to software applications.
* Develops the depth and breadth of team member's knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve a high performing team, a strong succession bench and career progression.
* Performs work that is complex and varied in nature.
* Defines and discerns key aspects of complex problems and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact.
* Exercises seasoned independent judgment, making decisions regarding how to restore services in an efficient, effective, and risk adverse way within the scope of their deep technical expertise.
35% Team Management:
* Responsible for directly supervising staff, including interviewing, hiring staff and the termination of staff, recommending salary changes, job promotions, setting work hours, conducting counseling/performance reviews, coaching, and planning of the staff's work. This includes employees and contractors.
* Responsible for ensuring staff comply with all wage and hour regulations. Build and manage a technical staff of Production Support personnel. Leads and mentors production support team members.
* Responsible for ensuring that all the staff is trained in recent technologies and are aware of industry standards currently in use for production support.
* Track the training status for staff and create a schedule for them to undergo workshops/certifications of recent technologies.
* Ensures Production Support team's adherence to quality standards.
* Responsible that all Production Support staff adhere to company policy, especially all of those policies surrounding risk management and mitigations.
* Demonstrates the highest levels of honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior. Exercises outstanding skills in communication, teamwork and customer focus.
* Assists in budget preparation and reporting.
25% Vendor Management:
* Responsible for working with onshore and offshore technical leads/supervisors, optimizing the onshore/offshore resource model. Regularly attend meetings with the vendor for planning of their work, reviewing work product, etc., to insure highly productive onshore and offshore staff.
* Responsible for setting work standards, work deliverable form and content. Responsible for budget (actuals and forecast) models, regular reporting and review of escalated issues back to UB.
* Works with Contracts, and Vendor Management, and the resourcing vendor for creating and execution of Statement of Work (SOW).
* Responsible for smooth, seamless, teamwork between onshore and offshore resources, and between FTE's and contractors. Assess vendors for appropriate services provided. Recommends changes to management.
* Review the standard of work completed by critical vendors and understand the challenges in operations and suggest solutions in a cost effective manner.
20% Management Reporting and Documentation:
* Responsible for the development, monitoring, and analysis of departmental metrics to drive the continuous improvement process to insure SLA's are continually met and continually improved.
* Prepares documentation about outages and restoration of services to both (a) restore services faster if the incident is repeated; and (b) diagnose the root cause of the service interruption and put a fix in place to reduce the number of incidents.
* Working with Application Teams, plans, organizes, and develops the technical support protocol documentation for applications and services (how to monitor and validate; system dependencies; common incidents and their resolution; physical deployment diagrams, etc.).
5% Restores Service:
* Responsible for resolving and managing escalated issues for restoring service.
* Constantly work toward improving resolution rates and reduce the number of escalated incidents.
* Directs the staff and duties necessary to resolve complex production problems. Directs the development of key integrated solutions with significant impact.
* Manages the process and staff to diagnoses and selects the most efficient, effective, and risk adverse method to restore services, fully cognizant of the complex interaction of the many systems and applications involved or affected by the outage and the resulting of restoration of services.
* Ensures staff has performed the appropriate validation of the restored service.
* Coordinates resolution with other IT area in problem determination and resolution of job or system exceptions.
* May direct vendor to facilitate the resolution of issues escalated to them and be the escalated focal point of contact for problem analysis and recovery.
* Collaborates with other ITG support groups on tasks beyond the scope of access authority or responsibility.
5% Diagnoses Root Cause:
* The manager may be involved in directly working issues and diagnosing root cause for escalated issues.
* Manages the staff reviews of service outage patterns to diagnose systemic problems, especially those involving multiple applications and services across a technical environment with multiple platforms involved in support of sophisticated banking services.
* Serves as an experienced contributor in devising solutions designed to quickly restore services to production applications, as well as fixes to avoid production failures in the future.
* Manages the solution implementation for changed processes. Works with the Development teams, and Technical Operations staff to immediately resolve system and application problems, and avoid future outages.
* Identify the new tools and accesses which will help in perform the root cause analysis by the team and recommend that to the higher management.
* Analyze tasks in production which fall under incident management and are still performed by development teams and build the team to take over the tasks from them in a gradual and efficient manner.
5% Recommends System Configuration:
* The manager may be involved in directly working issues and recommending system configuration for escalated issues.
* In those cases, they review operational patterns of applications and services, discern early warning for potential system problems, design, recommend, and help implement solutions avoiding these outages.
* Studies system configurations for effective high availability operations, recommending architectures and implementations that provide sufficient automatic redundancy and capacity to avoid service outages due to single, and as risk requires, multiple points of failure.
* Identify the gaps in monitoring and challenges in capacity and work with other ITG teams to bridge gaps and improve system stability.
* Look for opportunities to automate and to bring in new technologies which will help reduce the cost and effort and in the process improve the efficiency of the systems.
5% Growth of CAPSS
* Be aware of new and existing applications which fit into CAPSS' model and work towards including those in CAPSS portfolio.
* Direct the team for the onboarding process and review the stability and criticality of the application in production.
* 8 to 10+ years of IT work experience in production and operations support and 2+ years of management and leadership experience managing enterprise, customer facing, financial services software applications projects and staff.
* Ability to work independently and together in the team, make complex technical recommendations to restore services, operate in a time critical, high stress environment and is comfortable working in a 24x7 environment.
* Have experience of working in financial domain and understanding of retail and commercial banking suit of applications and their support procedures.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Or equivalent work experience.
* ITIL Certification is a plus.
* Agile project management experience is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Union Bank, N.A.Jersey CityNJ
VIEW JOBS10/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-04T00:00Apply Now
Application Support Lead
Req #: 180085865_1
Location: Jersey City, NJ,US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Proficiency in modern programming languages
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Experience with setup and application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics,Tivoli, Splunk, OEM).
* Experience supporting applications using Wintel, Linux, Mainframe, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Apache, Tomcat, FTP, SFTP ,SSL
* 7+ years doing production support, infrastructure and release management activities
* Solid experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications, Application Security Controls, User Entitlements & Access Certification
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Jpmorgan Chase & Co.Jersey CityNJ