VIEW JOBS5/5/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-08-03T00:00Company Description
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our Dayton, NJ laboratory is looking for a Marine Inspector to join their team! The Marine Inspector will be based in Dayton, NJ with a requirement for frequent travel. S/he will be responsible for operationally managing and performing onboard (or onshore) field sampling projects for the Marine Services group at SGS North America. The sampler will also handle local water discharge sampling events for ships in support of various environmental programs. This position will report into the Sample Management Supervisor.
The Marine Inspector:
* Attends vessels to collect samples for laboratory analysis and performs field measurements.
* Consistently uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and adheres to all internal and external safety requirements, guidelines, and best practices.
* Completes sample bottle drop-offs and sample pickups for Marine customers.
* Consistently exhibits excellent and detailed recordkeeping.
* Consults with vessel crews on proper sample collection, operation of treatment systems, troubleshooting treatment system issues, and regulatory requirements.
* Train junior staff as needed.
* Acts as the "Face of SGS" to vessel customers to foster meaningful relationships based on cordiality to further the SGS brand.
* Assembles bottle orders.
* Communicates with Project Management staff, Business Development team, and Operations Director on all field projects to aid in the success of these projects.
* Maintains working knowledge of USEPA and IMO (MARPOL) regulations regarding sampling, testing, and reporting requirements.
* Responsible for upkeep, calibration, repair, and updates of field equipment.
* Maintains proper training and training documentation and adheres to Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for all Marine Field Samplers regarding sampling and testing.
* Aids in the creation and maintenance of operational SOPs for field sample and testing.
* Collaborates with Business Development Manager and Operations Director of Marine Services to support and promote group objectives.
* Collaborates closely with all internal and external sub-contract laboratories that provide support data for field projects to ensure that project requirements (such as holding time) are met.
* Facilitates operational excellence by communicating customer needs to internal counterparts to ensure timely and accurate solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management and maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Follows all SGS rules, regulations, and best practices for safety, such as SGS Rules for Life.
* Actively participates in regular safety training.
* Follows all safe driving rules, best practices, and laws.
* A High School Degree or equivalent with three plus (3+) year(s) of direct transferable experience working in an environmental laboratory or environmental field sampling.
* OR - An Associate's Degree or higher with one plus (1+) year of direct transferable experience working in an environmental laboratory or an environmental field sampling
* Must be able to maintain a TWIC certification. The Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as TWIC®, is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation's maritime facilities and vessels. This is a contingent condition of employment. If your application for TWIC is denied or certification is revoked, you cannot perform the duties of your job.
* Valid driver's license
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, while balancing several assignments concurrently-- with different deadlines.
* Professional Credibility, preferably through an understanding of the environmental and marine industries.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
* Up to 50-75% travel may be required.
* Employees are required to wear appropriate protective gear based on industry standard.
* Uniforms, shoes and safety gear are all provided by SGS. Staff are responsible for additional gear outside of required standards.
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks for sustained periods of time.
* Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position.
* Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Ability to move through small spaces.
* Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
* Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Moderate to Very Loud noise (examples: shipping ports, ship engine rooms, etc)
* Business hours are variable
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
* Longer hours, evenings and/or weekend work will be necessary frequently as job duties demand
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
VIEW JOBS5/5/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-08-03T00:00Position Overview
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Branch Banker you will strengthen customer relationships with a defined sales process. You will spend most of your time as a personal banker, engaging customers in sales conversations in order to identify appropriate financial solutions. This position, within PNC's Retail Branch Banking Network, is based in Dayton, NJ.
* Acquires and deepens the branch customer base through a variety of proactive sales and service activities. Manages the customer experience by identifying opportunities to improve the customer's financial wellbeing. Collaborates with ecosystem partners to grow customer's share of wallet. Positions PNC solutions to drive new revenue and customer loyalty.
* Drives proactive sales conversations through internal and outbound interactions with a defined sales process including outbound calling, service to sales, teller interactions, appointment setting and effective lobby engagement, ultimately elevating client loyalty. Delivers a full PNC conversation with every client interaction to identify appropriate PNC solutions. Leverages ecosystem partnerships as well as community Centers of Influence to acquire, expand and retain relationships.
* Creates customer loyalty and grows customer share of wallet through a differentiated customer experience. Performs lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and position PNC products to meet their needs. Educates customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
* Applies product and procedural knowledge to identify, mitigate and solve customer problems effectively to drive customer loyalty.
* Manages risk through adherence to all policies and procedures, demonstrating sound judgment within established limits. Demonstrates a heightened scrutiny to identify and avoid loss. Participates in branch daily operations, ensuring they are completed in an efficient and accurate manner.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
* Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
* Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
To learn more about this opportunity, please watch this video.
Banking Products - Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Digital Awareness - Shares, shows and supports clients on a variety of technological digital and online tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their financial goals and financial well-being through the PNC conversation.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Matrix Management - Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across department, functional, and geographic reporting lines.
Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Prospecting. - Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Retail Lending - Knowledge of and ability to design and develop retail lending products and services, manage and evaluate operational processes and procedures and ensure compliance with local and company policies.
Selling. - Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Understanding Customer Needs - Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.
Roles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, high school diploma or GED, but do require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 1+ years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.DaytonNJ
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.