VIEW JOBS5/11/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-08-09T00:00<strong>Job Title:</strong> Logistics Associate<br />
<strong>Address:</strong> Dayton, NJ (Remote, except for a week or two onsite training)<br />
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">PSOP/Work instructions maintenance and ensuring operational best practice in line with customer requirements as well as ensure operational SOP compliance</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Make booking of cargo (FTL/LTL) delivery to carrier correctly, make sure carrier make appointments with warehouse and pick up cargo on time, track cargo moving status</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Troubleshoot all happenings from booking to cargo delivery within a timely way</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Daily liaison with customer, carriers, internal staffs</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Maintaining essential account documentation with up-to-date information and ensuring that it is collated and store so as to be readily accessible</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Increase customer satisfaction and business share through regular contract (i.e., phone, email)</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Monitor account issues and communicate/liaison with management to implement/drive solutions</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Recommend when needed changes in current processes</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Reporting as needed (service failure report, claim/damage report, etc.)</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Accuracy of data entry into Cello and other system as needed</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Monitor trends and report changes to management for action</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Performs other job-related duties as required</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Ability to work under high pressure situations</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Data Entry</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Office Suite Proficient</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">FTL/LTL Knowledge</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Bachelor’s Degree</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Previous Logistics Experience</li>
VIEW JOBS5/5/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-08-03T00:00Company Description
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our Dayton, NJ laboratory is looking for a Marine Inspector to join their team! The Marine Inspector will be based in Dayton, NJ with a requirement for frequent travel. S/he will be responsible for operationally managing and performing onboard (or onshore) field sampling projects for the Marine Services group at SGS North America. The sampler will also handle local water discharge sampling events for ships in support of various environmental programs. This position will report into the Sample Management Supervisor.
The Marine Inspector:
* Attends vessels to collect samples for laboratory analysis and performs field measurements.
* Consistently uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and adheres to all internal and external safety requirements, guidelines, and best practices.
* Completes sample bottle drop-offs and sample pickups for Marine customers.
* Consistently exhibits excellent and detailed recordkeeping.
* Consults with vessel crews on proper sample collection, operation of treatment systems, troubleshooting treatment system issues, and regulatory requirements.
* Train junior staff as needed.
* Acts as the "Face of SGS" to vessel customers to foster meaningful relationships based on cordiality to further the SGS brand.
* Assembles bottle orders.
* Communicates with Project Management staff, Business Development team, and Operations Director on all field projects to aid in the success of these projects.
* Maintains working knowledge of USEPA and IMO (MARPOL) regulations regarding sampling, testing, and reporting requirements.
* Responsible for upkeep, calibration, repair, and updates of field equipment.
* Maintains proper training and training documentation and adheres to Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for all Marine Field Samplers regarding sampling and testing.
* Aids in the creation and maintenance of operational SOPs for field sample and testing.
* Collaborates with Business Development Manager and Operations Director of Marine Services to support and promote group objectives.
* Collaborates closely with all internal and external sub-contract laboratories that provide support data for field projects to ensure that project requirements (such as holding time) are met.
* Facilitates operational excellence by communicating customer needs to internal counterparts to ensure timely and accurate solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management and maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Follows all SGS rules, regulations, and best practices for safety, such as SGS Rules for Life.
* Actively participates in regular safety training.
* Follows all safe driving rules, best practices, and laws.
* A High School Degree or equivalent with three plus (3+) year(s) of direct transferable experience working in an environmental laboratory or environmental field sampling.
* OR - An Associate's Degree or higher with one plus (1+) year of direct transferable experience working in an environmental laboratory or an environmental field sampling
* Must be able to maintain a TWIC certification. The Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as TWIC®, is required by the Maritime Transportation Security Act for workers who need access to secure areas of the nation's maritime facilities and vessels. This is a contingent condition of employment. If your application for TWIC is denied or certification is revoked, you cannot perform the duties of your job.
* Valid driver's license
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, while balancing several assignments concurrently-- with different deadlines.
* Professional Credibility, preferably through an understanding of the environmental and marine industries.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
* Up to 50-75% travel may be required.
* Employees are required to wear appropriate protective gear based on industry standard.
* Uniforms, shoes and safety gear are all provided by SGS. Staff are responsible for additional gear outside of required standards.
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks for sustained periods of time.
* Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position.
* Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Ability to move through small spaces.
* Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
* Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Moderate to Very Loud noise (examples: shipping ports, ship engine rooms, etc)
* Business hours are variable
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
* Longer hours, evenings and/or weekend work will be necessary frequently as job duties demand
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
VIEW JOBS4/27/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-07-26T00:00Auto req ID: 275170BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
This is a frontline manager position that supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and manages specific day-to-day operations and an assigned staff within a station or hub. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Package Handlers. The Operations Manager may also manage administrative employees and functions and ensures administrative processes are compliant with FXG policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
* Serves as a champion for FXG's Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives • Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity • Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls specific day-to-day operations within the station or hub • Responsible for assigning and managing employees to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable) • Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others. Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results • Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals • Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters • Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs • Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate • Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with FXG policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, SWAK, hazardous materials, and dock safety • Mentors and develops critical skill sets in lower level Operations Managers. NONESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS • Performs other duties as assigned
* High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred
* Six (6) months package handler, FedEx Ground field or related experience required; Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or a related area is accepted in lieu of required experience
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
* Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team • Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups • Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice • Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information • Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications • Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer- based applications • Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
Other Job Description Information
Position schedule will be Preload/Early Morning 1am-9am. Schedule start time and end time will vary based on business needs. Candidate must be able to work weekends.
% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 63 Stults Road
State: New Jersey
Zip Code: 08810
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P085/Princeton Colocation
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Warehouse & Distribution
Fedex Cross BorderDaytonNJ
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.