Kennel Technician - Southport Animal Hospital
Southern Veterinary Partners
Southport , NC 28461
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Kennel Tech is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital.
A day in the life of a Kennel Technician:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Monitor and record important information about the animals conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend/holiday shifts
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Previous experience as a kennel technician
- Competitive salary, based on experience and expertise
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!