Kennel Technician - Helena Veterinary Clinic
Southern Veterinary Partners
Helena , AL 35080
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Helena Veterinary Clinic, in Helena, AL, is a full-service small animal hospital with a beautiful up-to-date facility. We are a 2 doctor practice, Dr. Beth Barnett and Dr. Wesley Stephens, with a tenured, strong supportive staff. We truly love our patients and treat everyone like family! Our team is committed to providing the finest professional, personal, courteous and caring service in every way possible. We are looking for a Full-Time Kennel Tech that would like to grow within our team!
The Kennel Tech is responsible for providing a clean, efficient and healthy environment for the animals being treated or boarded at the hospital.
A day in the life of a Kennel Technician:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hospital, including kennel area, runs, treatment area, and outside grounds.
- Feed hospitalized animals and boarders.
- Bathing animals, providing nail trims
- Monitor and record important information about the animals conditions, behavior and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Walk animals three times a day.
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- Clean treatment, exam, surgery and lab areas daily.
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Assist the Doctor and Veterinary Technicians with restraint and treatment of animals.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients.
- Previous experience as a kennel technician preferred
- Must possess customer service
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Flexible schedule including some weekend shifts
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Avimark computer software preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
Benefits Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) Retirement Plan (401k) Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D) Short Term Disability Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7 Discounted Veterinary Care EAP (Employee Assistance Program) A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!