Junior Systems Administrator
Stony Brook , NY 11794
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
As a Jr. Systems Administrator you will provide first level technical support to the internal staff of Softheon. You will also assist in the operation, management and administration of Softheons Corporate and Cloud infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, software and networking related problems remotely and on-site.
- Configure, deploy, migrate, backup, and rebuild end-user workstations.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades, and system optimization.
- Maintain System Inventories
- Develop and Maintain Systems to automate Workstation Imaging & Backups
- Communicate downtime, upgrades, and other information to appropriate teams as necessary.
- Manage Users, Workstations, and Servers in Active Directory
- Other duties as assigned by senior IT staff
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong etiquette for internal digital communications (Email/Ticketing)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Technological Systems Management, Computer Science or related field with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Technical expertise in identifying, diagnosing, and evaluating end-user computer and account issues, and developing effective mitigation and repair methods.
- Former Experience Managing Users and Workstations Within Active Directory
- Experience or familiarity with
- Microsoft Window Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Workstation Hardware Troubleshooting Techniques and Software Utilities
- Workstation Software Troubleshooting Techniques and Resolution
- Microsoft Active Directory
- DHCP Networking
- Microsoft Office 365
- Helpdesk Ticketing Software
- Experience or familiarity with
- Adobe Application Suite
- Workstation resources hosted by Support.Dell.Com
- Ubiquity Unifi Network Equipment
- Symantec Ghost/Microsoft PXE
- Windows Server
- Redhat Linux
- Cisco Networking
- Hyper-V Virtualization
- Technical Certifications
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals;
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of the information revolution (www.cewit.org)
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industrys ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.