Junior Sous Chef (Dim Sum) - Ludlow House
Soho House & Co.
New York , NY 10001
Posted 3 weeks ago
Who we are
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether its a private members club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe its our people who make that happen.
See for yourself CLICK the links BELOW to WATCH
HOW WE WORKHOW WE HAVE FUNandWHY WE STAY
Our second club in Manhattan, Ludlow House occupies a former gold leaf factory on the Lower East Side, with four floors of dedicated member spaces Living Room & Parlor, Lous Kitchen & Bar, a 24-seat screening room, club within a club for member events and live performances, along with a retractable rooftop restaurant.
At Soho House a Junior Sous Chef - Dim Sum, is responsible for assisting the Sous Chef, Executive Sous and Executive Chef with inventory, supervision of staff, food preparation and executing quality and consistent dishes. The Junior Sous Chef supervises staff in the absence of Sous Chef and experience to manage the different stations at the local Soho House & Co. property.
A successful Junior (JR.) Sous Chef is passionate about food and people. As a result, provides a positive influence and atmosphere for all kitchen employees. Knowledgeable on food safety and quality control, directing the service and expediting food, as well as setting pace in the kitchen are amongst the highest priorities.
- Well-versed on all menu items and able to produce consistent and quality dishes in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Assist with inventory and purchasing to support the kitchen operating at a sustainable food cost
- Overseeing wastage, cooking temps and quality to reduce additional costs, to make all line staff aware of the cost of product and how it contributes to the profit and loss of the company
- Production and a-la-carte dish(s) execution. Including weekend feast ideas and family meal
- Supervise staff on the line and delegate tasks as needed while also ensuring proper procedure is followed when clocking in and out for shifts as well as breaks
- Support Executive Chef and Executive Sous with end of shift reports and handover sheets
- Maintain company target goals and consistent experience for Soho House Standards for service; 3-8-10
- Influencer and positive under pressure and provide a welcoming work environment that increases staff moral
- Train and educate new and existing team members on Cook House
- Minimum of 3 to 4 + years kitchen experience and proven leader within previous teams
- Proven ability / experience to manage all stations on the line
- Strong communicator, collaborator and motivator with ability to build professional relationships with all leaders and kitchen team
- Proactive, team-player who can work well independently as well as on a team
- Flexible schedule and ability to work morning, night, weekend and holidays (as needed)
- Ability to multitask and work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possess a level of creativity to create recipes from scratch
- Food handlers certificate
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether youre seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.