Junior Software Engineer
Annapolis Junction , MD 20701
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our partner is looking for a Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD. This is a level 1 software engineer role, so we encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds of technical experience to apply.
The Software Engineer shall be responsible for developing platform management dashboards/views that will display dynamically changing physical and logical resource maps, state, and availability information for complex High Performance Computing (HPC) systems.
The Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, deploys, documents, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to:
- processing intensive analytics
- novel algorithm development
- manipulation of extremely large data sets
- real-time systems
- business management information systems
- systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring
Other Responsibilities (not an exhaustive list):
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial OffThe-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Experience developing in Unix. Ability to perform shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university OR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity OR
- Four (4) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Clearance required: Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
- US. Citizenship required
- Linux CLI
- Writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Developing with multiple programming languages such as Python and/or Java in a Linux environment
- Creating and integrating custom plugins for COTS and FOSS Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tools such as Nlyte and Device42
- IaC (Infrastructure as Code) concepts, principles and automation tools such as Ansible
- CI/CD principles, methodologies, and tools such as GitLab CI
- Software frameworks used for searching, monitoring, and analyzing big data such as Splunk and Elastic Stack
- Metrics visualization technologies such as Grafana and Kibana
- Git Version Control System
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)