Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Junior Level Network Operating Center Technician
El Dorado , Kansas 67042
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Butler Electric CooperativeJob Title:
Junior Level Network Operating Center TechnicianJob Classification:
Non-Exempt, Full-timeReporting Relationship:
Vice-President of Administration and FinancePrimary Accountability:
Junior Level Network Operating Center (NOC) Techs will provide technical support for a broadband operations environment. They will analyze information to determine network functionality and coordinate communications between technical teams following defined processes for problem classification, triaging and ensuring that the appropriate resources are engaged.Major Duties:
- Leverage standard industry troubleshooting tools to address and resolve issues in real time.
- Monitor hardware, software and environmental alerts or malfunctions and take corrective action for problems while minimizing customer impact.
- Respond to inquiries from Installation Technicians, Customers Service Representatives or customers.
- Maintain ongoing communication within the team and externally to keep all stakeholders aware of relevant, known issues and the steps being administered.
- Identify and escalate issues with products or services that impact customer acceptance.
- Interface with installation technicians, customer service, scheduling department and customers to perform basic health validations of systems, directing patching and upgrades across enterprise solutions.
- Create and/or update internal tickets to document monitoring and recovery steps.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures as required by policy or procedure.
- Maintain metrics as defined by management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with users, staff, vendors and customers.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment wherein critical thinking, organizational skills and adherence to detail is a must.
- Strong analytical skills and a willingness to explore and learn new technologies.
- Proficient at troubleshooting computer hardware, software and networking complications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to demonstrate a personality which is pleasant, cooperative and mature.
- Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and interested in working with other people, as well as maintaining a good team attitude.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, stoop, reach, handle, talk, hear, see, grasp, move head and neck and movement across mid-line.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to ten (10) pounds.
- Finger dexterity, manual dexterity, alertness, precision, motor coordination, auditory discrimination and tactile discrimination.
- Inside/Indoor environment which provides protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily temperature changes.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- This position may require working evening and weekend hours as needed.