Junior Graphic Designer
Los Angeles , CA 90012
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Contend is a collection of like-minded, unique, creative, and mildly weird creators and doers.
Were looking for super knowledgeable, swiss-army-knife-like, badass, and ego-free Graphic Designer to join our small, but mighty creative team. We need a design generalist, who is comfortable cranking out assets of all kinds, including but not limited to :
- Really beautifully designed pitch decks.
- Composite images. Insanely good composite images.
- Web banners.
- In-venue jumbotron creative.
- More decks.
- Storyboards (either hand-sketched or via video pulls)
- Super-fast composite images. The kind where you mash some found internet photos together to get the point across.
- Creative that can be translated to motion by an animator
- More decks and comps!
We need designers with really good, fun-loving, hard-working attitudes. Sometimes the hours are long, but our team is filled with awesome, ego-less humans that just want to make great work. If youre not scared off by crazy deadlines and seemingly impossible client-asks and want to flex every last design muscle in your body, this might just be your new home.
Bring some marketing or pitch deck samples, your portfolio, and a smile down to our Chinatown Los Angeles office and see if Contend is a perfect match. Well, schedule an appointment first, but then come on down!
- 1-3 years of experience as a graphic designer in a design studio or ad agency
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite products and Microsoft Office. Specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PowerPoint
- Strong layout and branding skills
- Ability to contribute with ideas and follow through with original concepts
- Self-starting attitude: you don't wait for work to be assigned to you: you're always asking what you can do next
- Comfortable working in a team environment on multiple projects at once, with tight deadlines and quick turnarounds
- Must be detail oriented and very organized
- Ability to listen and take direction
- Strong, open, positive and persistent communication style
- Have a passion for design and typography
- Good sense of humor
- Must be in Los Angeles
This is a Freelance position.