Junior Cloud Engineer
Solutions By Design II, LLC
Fairfax , VA 22030
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Junior Cloud Engineer
will assist the Operations team with managing resources for a large application which supports over 20,000 users in a 24/7 high availability AWS cloud-based environment. The Junior Cloud Engineer will be a part of a technical team of cloud engineers and system administrators which are responsible for application deployments, environment patching and maintenance operations. Responsibilities include but not limited to design, deployment and maintenance of AWS environment and work with security team to ensure all client security requirements have been met.
The Junior Cloud Engineer will also be responsible for assisting product development teams to speed development times and deploy applications to all environments. This includes responsibility for executing the tools and processes to enable DevSecOps and will support an end-to-end provisioning process, facilitating automation wherever possible.Qualifications
- 1 3 years work/school experience. Ideal candidate will have a BS in a technical field, have equivalent work experience or be currently be enrolled in a degree program
Nice to Haves
- Must be very comfortable navigating a Linux environment. Must be familiar with cron, Bash scripting, and basic Linux administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hands-on experience and knowledge of AWS services and standard, best practice configurations, including EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, S3 and Glacier
- Must be very comfortable navigating a Windows environment. Must be familiar with Task Scheduler, batch scripting, basic Windows server administration
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams to accomplish project objectives
- Shift work up to 50% (must be willing to work overnight shift on a weekly rotating basis)
- A strong desire to automate as much as possible using Python, Bash, PowerShell or something similar
- All applicants must have lived in the United States for at least 3 of the last 5 years.
- Experience with administering GitHub, Git branching and merging
- Experience administering Apache, JBOSS
- Experience application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, CloudWatch, CloudTrail.