Junior Buyer Nashville, TN 37214 6 Month Contract Role (Potential for Conversion or Extension) M-F, 8am-5pm Pay: $33/HR Targeted Start Date: ASAP Job Description The Junior Buyer will assist with transaction processing and provide procurement support for goods and services. The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service and communication skills, as well as being a professional multi-tasker. Responsibilities:
Enter and update information about purchase requisitions, orders and inventory into Oracle ERP
Reach out to prospective delivery partners
Receive quotes from vendors for supplies and services; including cost, and delivery details.
Ensure Purchase Order discrepancies such as backorders, pricing, specials, etc. are identified and resolved.
Maintain confidential information.
Assist company employees with how to engage the procurement process and tools
Contact vendors to discuss special requirements (e.g. expediting order shipment) or specific problems (e.g. unacceptable quality late delivery) and resolve as effectively as possible.
Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and two to four years of procurement or accounts payable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
2-3 years experience in a procurement or accounts payable department
Experience with Microsoft Office and Oracle ERP
Possess working knowledge of personal computers and various software programs.
Have a good attention to detail and be able to effectively manage multiple projects.
Possess strong communication skills and be able to communicate with a wide-range of individuals
Possess negotiation skills
Ability to maintain confidential information and records
Excellent written and communication skills
Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors, and teammates
Able to research, analyze data and solve problems
Able to prioritize work projects and multi-task
Read, write, speak, and understand English
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Basic computer literacy (use of mouse and keyboard, Microsoft Word/Excel)
Please submit your resume in PDF or Word format to be considered.
VIEW JOBS11/16/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-14T00:00Orders, replenishes, and merchandises products and participates in WFM programs for purchasing and promotions. Monitors inventory control and replenishes product based upon WFM ordering standards. Assists in organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
* Replenishes products through proper buying procedures.
* Orders products and maintains appropriate back stock levels.
* Monitors and acts upon open PO reports for both purchases and credits in an accurate and timely manner.
* Controls spoilage/shrink; achieves turn goals; participates in inventory.
* Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
* Ensures orders for product are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
* Oversees customer special order procedure.
* Analyzes and controls product transfers, waste, and spoilage.
* Supports leadership in conducting inventories.
* Maintains financial profitability by meeting and exceeding purchasing and sales targets.
* Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
* Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
* Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
* Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
* Extensive knowledge of meat, seafood, and other grocery products and ability to communicate living and growing conditions of animals to customers and Team Members.
* Ability to educate team and customers on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
* Strong basic math skills.
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
* 12+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, knives, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, hand trucks, six-wheel carts, balers, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.