Junior Business Analyst
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
If you live and breath data, if you're as proficient at communicating with end users as you are with developers, and if you want to join a team building products used by millions, then you may have found your new home!
- We are the premier online publisher in the field of Psychology.
- We connect millions of people seeking help with the right Therapist.
- Were entrepreneurial and nimble, but unlike a start-up - we're a secure place to work.
- We generate revenue, have a proven track record, and an authoritative 50 year old brand.
- Were a friendly group of doers, freethinkers and problem solvers.
- This is an opportunity to be yourself, be inspired, and do fulfilling and challenging work from home.
- Search Google for a "Therapist" in your City or Zip, and youll find Psychology Today's Directory at the top of the organic search results.
- Read the latest posts at psychologytoday.com - find information on a psychology subject that interests you.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
We work in a collaborative environment and although our team is geographically separated in the US and Canada, we work very closely together in a shared code environment. Although we communicate continuously, you should be able to work independently without supervision to meet deadlines.
The Junior Agile Business Analyst acts as a liaison between business, technical and editorial groups, gathering and documenting business requirements, developing high level application designs, and partnering with teams on specifications.
- BA/BS degree
- 1+ years experience working in agile software development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with site architecture, SEO and front end applications.
- Work with product owner to implement product vision as elicited from business stakeholders.
- Participate in development efforts from ideation to production delivery using an agile methodology.
- Support product owner by helping them analyze the business domain, stocking the product backlog, and grooming the product backlog.
- Support editorial team content strategy with data and analysis.
- Support development team in resolving requirements and specifications issues as needed.
- User Acceptance Testing
- Strong technical knowledge of back-end application and system technologies, including database, middle-tier and user interface layers
- Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Experience working with continuous delivery and continuous integration, with frequent deployments to production.
- Effectively work with remote teams
- Highly competitive salaries
- No politics: just a collaborative, focused, energetic, work environment that encourages creative solutions
- A virtual office: freedom and independence to work from anywhere
- An awesome, talented team of friendly people