Jsox Controls Auditor
Leap Staffing Agency
Nashville , TN 37219
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This Accounting Manager position presents an exciting opportunity to take on a leadership role in our company. Put your accounting experience and knowledge to use while developing strategies for team motivation and optimal results. If you are detail-oriented and extroverted, this management role can give you the chance to fully develop your interests and talents not only with mathematics and finances but business management as well. You will play an essential role in the success of our business by ensuring that we are in good financial shape. This position comes with the potential for further career development as well as interesting and satisfying professional challenges and benefits.
- Supervise and manage accounting department staff, which includes setting goals, developing processes, and providing guidance and constructive performance assessment.
- Manage general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, and project accounting; ensure that all invoices and transactions are entered in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Review and reconcile financial statements on a monthly basis; ensure that records are complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide accounting support to other departments as needed; prepare operating and personnel budgets for operations approval.
- Monitor budget adherence, make recommendations for changes as necessary, and advise as to the best course of action in order to continue to meet budget goals.
- Liaise with customers, vendors and other third parties to ensure that payments are made and received in a timely manner.
- Work with government agencies and external accountants to ensure compliance with applicable regulations including reporting requirements, proper record-keeping and the establishment of internal controls.
- Develop and implement accounting systems and procedures to ensure maximal accuracy.
Job Skills & QualificationsQualifications
· Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or IT with 3+ years of practical work experience in public accounting or in the accounting/finance areas of business enterprise
· OR Master's Degree with 3+ years of practical work experience in public accounting or in the accounting/finance areas of business enterprise
· CPA, CIA, CISA or CMA certifications
· Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Knowledge of accounting best practices
· Knowledge of business risks and controls
· Strong computer skills
Auditors gain broad exposure to our businesses and processes through performance of the following responsibilities:
· Creates procedures to test the design and operating effectiveness of the key controls.
· Executes controls testing through inquiry, observation, and substantive testing audit procedures.
· Communicates findings to all levels of organization through recommendations and impactful action plans within audit reports.
· Provides subject matter expertise and shares internal control best practices across a broad range of business processes/objectives, risks and control activities.
· Partners with Second Line of Defense groups establishing strong work relationships, while maintaining independence.
· Other duties as assigned based on business or department needs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business
- At least 10 years of accounting and/or financial experience
- Strong leadership experience and skills
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- CPA designation
- ERP AP system knowledge