VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 3:51:08 AM2019-01-30T03:51<p>Ready for a challenge that will require your experience and keep you on the edge of maintaining and securing critical defense networks? Want to take your Networking experience and lead teams that maintain, protect privacy and ensure security for our national defense? Now Hiring Heroes, Inc.&nbsp;is now hiring experienced Junior level Network Technicians in Washington, DC.</p>
<strong>This position&#39;s primary role will be a Field Service Junior Level Network Technician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be a part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed, and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.</strong></p>
As a Junior Level Technician you will be expected to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues. You will be responsible to create ticket for maintenances using HPE Service Manager. Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures. Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed. Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders.</p>
<strong>Job Requirements</strong>:<br />
&bull; The successful candidate will have basic working knowledge in the Networking and Information Technology field with 0 to 4 plus years&rsquo; experience in the Information Technology Field with basic Networking knowledge.<br />
&bull; Position requires the basic skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.<br />
&bull; Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required. Candidate needs a basic understanding of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.<br />
&bull; Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus.<br />
&bull; Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.</p>
&bull; The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.<br />
&bull; Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.<br />
&bull; A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.<br />
&bull; Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.</p>
&bull; A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable.<br />
&bull; Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.</p>
&bull; Cisco CCNA and Security+ required. (CCNA can be waived for 6 months)<br />
&bull; ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.</p>
<p>Some Travel will be required.</p>
<strong>Minimum Secret Security Clearance required.</strong></p>
Now Hiring Heroes, Inc.WashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS11/7/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-05T00:00Job Description
Sets up, configures, and supports complex internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations.
Duties and Responsibilities
On a Daily Basis
Assisted customers with IT issues.
Assisted with approving access to Team Ships SharePoint Site
Process Contractor Laptop Property passes for non-NMCI assets
Setting up Video Telecom Conferences when needed
Maintain Access Database for asset management
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite package which includes Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Outlook.
The knowledge of hardware and software running in a Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) environment. This includes detailed knowledge in technical refresh, and ordering new hardware and software.
Knowledge on software transfers and understanding of Computer Names, Service Identification numbers, and Computer Identification numbers.
Transfer Intro Exit (T.I.E.) portal to manage asset assignments and to add or remove IT related information for users within the command.
Update desktop phones to included adding additional extensions onto a user's phone.
Usage of Active Directory (AD) which allows us to see the creation of accounts and add users to security groups and distribution list.
NMCI Contract Line Item Numbers (CLINs), and metric creations, maintenance, and monitoring of the NMCI network.
Corrections to Global Address List (GAL) updates that included name changes, updates to display name, and rank changes.
Basic troubleshooting procedures on the NMCI network and has the ability to determine the cause of the issue and which tier is associated for the next course of action.
Assist with setup up of new users' seats, primary connections to shared command network folders, printers, and the NMCI network.
Spillage mitigations on the commands assets.
Support for video telecommunications conferences (VTC). Which included setting up and insuring the equipment maintains functionality.
System Administrator support for the iNAVSEA SharePoint site. This includes maintenance, auditing, approval or denial of accounts, and building sites pages.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
Thorough knowledge of modems, data scopes, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and network management software.
Thorough knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus 5 to 7 years of directly related experience. Professional certification(s) may be required.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data
May require certification in one or more specific applications (such as MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA), depending on job assignment.
A security clearance is required upon employment.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.
Alion Science And TechnologyWashingtonDC
VIEW JOBS11/4/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-02T00:00ValidaTek, Inc. is an award-winning Small Business that provides high-security mission-critical IT services to the Federal Government. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes several U.S. Federal Departments. The corporate infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as evidenced by our DCAA Approved accounting system, Top Secret (TS) facility clearance, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certifications, and CMMI Level 5 for Services (CMMI-SVC Level 5) and CMMI Level 3 for Development (CMMI-DEV Level 3) appraisals. We pride ourselves in being the best and only attracting and retaining the best talent to fuel our rapid growth. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
* Active Secret Clearance: REQUIRED
The Tier 2 support candidate will provide second level support to troubleshooting issues on the network and supporting the customer. The Tier 2 support candidate will provide support in a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (NOC) environment and report to the Shift Supervisor. Tier 2 support areas include network management, enterprise operations monitoring, network incident service response, create and update network mapping, coordination with external users outside the NOC, policy input, and reporting.
* Responsible for collecting data on incidents and providing accurate descriptions, work performed, to steps to identify root causes.
* Responsible for opening, processing, and resolving trouble tickets.
* Responsible for compiling and managing discrepancy reports, which contain operational devices not reporting data, enterprise management services incorrectly analyzing data, etc.
* Maintain and verify accuracy of the network and its attached assets using Cisco Prime, OpNet, Solarwinds, and Riverbed.
* Maintain/monitor network devices.
* Monitor the WAN.
* Monitor firewalls, security of appliances, and ensure that devices are receiving alerts.
* Compile and maintain datacenter backups using NetBackup and report if any jobs did not complete successfully.
* Update changes to the backup jobs in the daily report
* Work with a variety of Government and contractor personnel to troubleshoot and resolve issues including Service Desk, Security Operations Center (SOC), Enterprise Operations Center (EOC), and local area staff throughout CONUS and OCONUS locations. Coordinate information with the Service Desk personnel for network outages and other end user support.
* Coordinate with NOC deployment team for both new circuit installations and circuit outages.
* Assist in providing Audit Reports, Baseline Reports, Shift Transition Reports, Incident Analysis Reports, Notification Reports, etc.
* Provide information to the Shift Supervisor to meet reporting requirements.
* Apply industry and Government standards and best practices, as appropriate.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Certifications
* High School diploma
* Associate degree preferred
Knowledge and Experience
* 4-8 years of experience providing IT support and customer services
* Service Management experience and familiarity using the ITIL and/or CMMI framework a plus
* Must have experience troubleshooting advanced network issues and identifying resolutions
* Must have experience with enterprise performance monitoring, e.g. Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, Riverbed
* Must have experience with database alert monitoring, e.g. Oracle, SCCM
* Must have trouble ticket management experience (ServiceNow experience a plus)
* Must have network event management experience, e.g. SolarWinds, SPLUNK
* Flexible/adaptable to NOC environment
* Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
* Current Secret Clearance a plus
* Current DHS or USCIS suitability a plus
* Monday - Friday
* 7 am - 4 pm, or 8 am - 5 pm
ValidaTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.