Jr Mechanical Engineer
Tree House Brewing Company
Charlton , MA 01507
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a driven, hardworking individual to join and grow with our very tight family here at Tree House with the position of Jr. Maintenance Mechanic crew member. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has some experience in equipment maintenance and is eager to learn more. The Property Maintenance team will be responsible for supporting the core business and the day to day operations of our ever-evolving equipment maintenance to keep things running like a fine tuned machine...literally! This person will help to provide our team with a safe and functional environment that will ultimately lead to excellent product and help us carry out our overall mission to make the best beverages in the world and to serve them in the most friendly and memorable environment possible.
Its a great time to join the team to be a part of our growth to come. We are expanding and we continue to build on this creative, eclectic endeavor in our new, state-of-the-art facilities and we couldnt be more excited and grateful for whats ahead.
The position is FULL-TIME, hands-on position and will be based in Charlton, MA and will include workdays in our other facilities.
As a JR Maintenance Mechanic crew member, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring optimal and uninterrupted operation of the brewhouse, CIP System, boiler, and other necessary mechanical items by completing preventive maintenance requirements on pumps, motors, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, gaskets, and other production machines; following operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions on the fly; diagnosing and locating the root of a malfunction.
- Performing routine maintenance of all brewhouse related systems. Controls downtime by informing other brewery staff of routine preventive maintenance techniques while monitoring and reporting on compliance.
- Maintaining equipment, replacement parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt of said orders.
- Logging mechanical maintenance reports and incident logs following troubleshooting and downtime events.
- Maintaining continuity among brewery staff by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks that develop in the day to day operation of the brewery and retail shop. This includes, but is not limited to, maintenance of draft systems, troubleshooting bar equipment, and cooler maintenance.
- Assisting with the installation of new equipment.
- Six or more months as a mechanic in an industrial environment, preferably a brewery of similar size with similar production equipment. Please do not apply if you cannot provide references and demonstrate applicable experience.
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a focused and hard working attitude
- A quick learner who is able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to work long and varied hours - General hours 7 - 3:30 PM; However, flexibility and the ability to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary
- Ability to multitask and work coolly and professionally in time sensitive situations
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to both receive and delegate tasks amongst a facilities maintenance team
- Must be able to meet deadlines or communicate when deadlines cannot be met
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and/or pivot plans quickly in order to coordinate corrective actions needed
- Meticulous attention to detail, safety and standard operating protocol
- You are not afraid to speak your mind
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to push, pull, bend, and lift in excess of 50 lbs. as necessary to perform required tasks as assigned throughout the workday.
- Ability to climb ladders and work comfortably in low and high environments
- Ability to perform basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work
- Strong mechanical aptitude - troubleshooting ability under pressure and time constraints is a must
- Experience with a variety of equipment including but not limited to chainsaws, ladders, power tools, hand tools and the ability to physically use them when necessary
- A general knowledge of large mechanical systems would be a plus
- Previous forklift training and experience is a plus
- Valid Drivers License
Benefits and Perks:
- Health & Dental Insurance covered in full by Tree House
- 401K w/ employer match
- Generous PTO including vacation, personal, sick, and paid holidays
- Merch and Beer credits and then some
- Annual Hobby stipend
- Consistent reviews to assess progress and your own personal happiness
- Options to participate in killer team/company sponsored events
- Culture! You will work in an environment of driven & intelligent people who have a good time and are constantly striving to improve
At Tree House, we work as a team and we work very hard. . . with purpose and intent. We do not cut corners and we do not take the easy route. We encourage dissent, critical thinking, and an ongoing desire to improve. Our goal is to make the best beverages in the world and serve it in the most friendly and memorable environment possible - that is our obsession, and that is what drives us to do what we do.
Thanks for reading! To be considered, follow the link to apply and include your resume, cover letter, and references within your cover | No phone calls. ACCEPTING RESUMES UNTIL AUGUST 22nd, 2019