Jr. Full-Stack Developer / QA Engineer
Mountain View , CA 94041
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who are we and why join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the worlds largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our peoples well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
What are we looking for?
This is the perfect place for junior level engineers to start out and grow their full stack web development skillset. Manual testing is a part of the role, but engineers at all levels share the manual testing burden. Our QA Engineers are mainly focused on bug triage; handling bug reports, reproducing them, investigating the code and ultimately writing fixes that get deployed to production. We are looking for an engineer with good attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills independently, and a get-things-done attitude with eagerness to build something awesome!
What will you do?
- Work with a nimble passionate team; collaborating with development and support.
- Write test scripts and SQL queries, work with various automation tools and debuggers utilizing the full stack.
- Bug triage: handle incoming bug reports, go beyond investigating and write bug fixes yourself.
- Maintain a continuous integration server, design new tests.
- Manual testing: reading code, figuring out what might break and breaking it before it reaches production.
- Use your detective work to get to the AH-HA! moment when you find the root cause of an issue and figure out how to fix it.
- You will care and be involved in our product, mission, and success - way beyond checking off tasks.
What technologies will you work with?
- LEMP Stack
- Debug tools like xDebug and Chrome Developer Tools
- Monitoring, Alerting, Logging services to elevate awareness of production issue
- 1+ years of combined experience in web development (any stack); solving challenging problems and implementing new features from scratch.
- Experience working or internship experience in startups is a plus.
- Experience using git in a team environment is a plus.
- 1+ significant full stack web development projects that you have worked on independently (not for a class).
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT treat this as a "job". We believe in what we do and we are very passionate about it. If you're simply looking for a job to pay the bills, please don't apply.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado toast!), and locally roasted coffee
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs available
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day