Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Java Software Engineer
Austin , TX 78746
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lenders Protection is looking for an out-going self-starter to join our team who has a desire to deliver valuable software solutions to achieve the company goals and objectives. The successful candidate will play an active role in design, development, build, deploy and maintenance of complex, industry leading financial systems.
- Planning and executing phases of the software development lifecycle utilizing agile methodologies to achieve end-to-end development of web-based applications
- Coordinating the full life cycle of IT projects using Java EE, Java, JPA, MySQL, Spring, JavaServer Faces 2, Primefaces, Maven, Payara, and various server and client-side scripting languages
- Development leveraging established component libraries (Primefaces) and implementation of custom JSF Composite Components
- Develop prototypes and proofs of concept for proposed solutions. Participating in application demos with users and enhancing user experience.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Specifications
- Full-Stack development
- Sound software engineering fundamentals in design, development, and quality assurance
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience using source code management tools such as Git/BitBucket, SVN, or CVS
- Experience using Linux
- Strong web application development experience
- Full lifecycle experience on at least one (1) web application development project
- Knowledge or experience developing reusable user interface components
- Knowledge or experience with Persistence frameworks (JPA Eclipselink, Hibernate, Spring JPA)
- Highly motivated and interested in being part of a small, talented team
- Experience with Docker, Microservices, CI is a plus
Education and Qualifications
- BA or BS Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 2+ years programming in Java or other Object Oriented Languages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Must be able to pass Criminal background check
- Must work out of the Austin office
Open Lending offers a casual and fun work environment with a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401(k) and PTO.
Open Lending was named #5 to the exclusive Austin Business Journal's Best Places to Work list and repeatedly named as one of the fastest 50 growing companies in central Texas. Open Lending has also been named as one of the 18 Big Data companies you should know in Austin. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact at a hot, profitable, venture capital backed company on a widely adopted software product.