Java Lead Developer
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Note: The client locations will change. I know we have these needs for projects based out of Alexandria, VA; Detroit, MI and most likely Boston, MA. Some of these projects may only last 6 months and then we would need the Lead Technical Consultant to travel to another client location (we keep the travel regional for the most part). Even though an onsite presence may not be needed all of the time, it is still vital that someone can be flexible with as much as 100% travel for this role.
Java Lead Developer/Senior Java Developer
As a Lead Technical Consultant you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver.
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
- 8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent degree; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience
- At least 6+ years of hands on, Strong core Java & J2EE skills and well versed on design patterns and related frameworks
- Experience in Springboot and microservices
- Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Bachelors Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Good to have - experience in Cloud technologies like Pivotal, IBM Bluemix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.