Janitorial Cleaners 2Nd Shift
Superior Maintenance Co.
Versailles , KY 40383
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job Type: General Cleaners 2nd shift - (5-11pm) $10/hr. Monday - Friday, and NO Weekends
Superior Maintenance Co. is seeking qualified General Janitorial Cleaners to join our team.
Job overview These positions are to support our expand business customer of Kentucky Community Technical College System located in Versailles, Kentucky. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but may differ depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, disposing waste to designated receptacles in all areas of the office building including, but not limited to, lobbies, halls, restrooms, stairwells, elevators, conference rooms, break rooms, medical/first aid rooms, cafeterias, locker-rooms, and other areas as assigned by site management.
- Ensure all restrooms are clean, stocked, sanitized and inspected according to the highest standards.
- Proper use and handling of cleaning equipment. Make sure there are no inadequacies in performance and report any issues to your supervisor immediately.
- Notify superiors on any damaged fixtures, dispensers and furniture or building furnishings.
- Deal with reasonable requests /complaints with professionalism and patience.
- Effectively communicate with the building occupants to accomplish assignments tasks.
- Understand and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, customer rules and regulations, and safety rules and regulations.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 12 months of related work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and floor equipment a plus.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to be flexible and work in all areas as assigned.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends (if/when scheduled).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, push, pull and walk. The employee frequently is required to hear. The employee is occasionally required to handle, or feel; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to sixty (60) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to smells, heat/cold during summer and winter months.
- The noise level in some work environments is usually moderate to loud.
- Protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment is required by the work environment or safety regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
Full time employees are eligible to participate in our company benefits package. This includes, but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life insurance and additional benefits offered by Aflac.