IT Systems Administrator - PT 24 Hours / Week
Park Community Church
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position exists to maintain and improve the IT environment at Park, and to improve the overall IT experience of Park staff and ministry volunteers. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
User Support & Help Desk Administration (8 hours / week)
- Provides in person / remote support for hardware including phones, mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktops, printers, televisions and projectors.
- Installs and configures Windows, MacOS, and Chrome OS on end-user computers
- Provides in person / remote support for software including Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, Logos Bible Software, Planning Center Online, Web Browsers, and more.
- Train users on hardware and software use, as well as best practices.
- Promptly answers requests for help received via email / help desk ticketing system / phone / in-person request
Network Engineering & Systems Administration (8 hours / week)
- Assists IT Director in configuring and overseeing Parks servers, telecommunications equipment, closed circuit camera system, and network infrastructure.
- Assists IT Director to ensure proper network and systems updates, performance and security.
- Provides insight and advice regarding selecting and implementing new services.
- Assists IT Director in evaluating, implementing and managing third-party hosted solutions.
- Assists IT DIrector in installing network / communications equipment including network cabling, routers, switches, modems, etc.
- Provides support for Parks IT Work Anywhere, Anytime data access and email philosophy.
Project Installation & Integration (8 hours / week)
- In coordination with IT DIrector and various Location staff, helps design and implement various systems including security cameras, network infrastructure, door systems, etc.
- Assists IT Director in coordinating work with outside organizations and third party providers to manage the successful implementation of IT projects.
- Assists IT Director in creating and managing yearly IT budget, including all expenses for hardware, software and services
- At least 1 year experience in a business network environment
- Experience and troubleshooting skills in PCs, networking, remote connectivity, VPN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, backups, imaging solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels within an organization
- Self-starter; organized; ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow through on tasks independently
- Great attitude and customer service skills.
- Comptia A+ / Network+ Certified, MCSE Certified, or Equivalent
- Familiar with Linux Server Distributions
- Familiar with virtualization technologies such as VMWARE or HYPER-V
- To live a life consistent with qualities laid out in 1 Timothy 3 for a deacon
- To be in a small group and have an accountability partner
- To be intentionally fostering a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through your time in the Bible, prayer, and Christian community
- To become a Park Partner and to abide by the by-laws indicated in our partnership book
- To reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel. (Living lives of holiness, purity, and free from addictions)
- To live in the city limits of Chicago