VIEW JOBS12/4/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-03-03T00:00We're driving toward the ultimate victory: a world without the fear of cancer.
The Product Support Engineering Hardware Specialist provides remote and on-site technical support to field engineers, installation engineers, and technical support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. They act as the new product service interface to design and development teams on all new product introductions. This includes generating service requirements, service plans, and associated new product service documentation. This requires a high level of professional communication with their team, customers, management, engineering, manufacturing and other technical support. Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Position must have full access to VMS client sites to perform the essential functions of this position. Many VMS clients require VMS employees and representatives to meet certain "Vendor Credentialing" requirements before they will be allowed to have access to their sites. Unless prohibited by law, position must meet all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to have full client access, and must continue to meet those requirements during the course of VMS employment in this position. Responds to situations where first-line field service support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Provides new product service interface to design and development teams on all new product introductions. This includes generating service requirements, service plans, and all associated new product service documentation. Provides installation and service support and training during new product roll out and is responsible to ensure feedback is delivered and incorporated into subsequent release. Provides technical liaison support for field installation, warranty, and contract service to manufacturing and engineering continuous product and process improvement teams. Authors all service related technical documentation and communication to the field service organization. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Understands and utilizes internal escalations processes. Reports activities in administrative systems to ensure accurate company statistical data on customer-oriented activities. May be involved in customer installation and training.
Required Certifications and Training: Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility. Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: Proof of valid identification (photo, driver's license, SSN) Criminal background checks Drug screens Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus) Annual TB testing Healthcare trainings Experience Level with Business Tools: Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired. Minimum: Associates degree, technical /vocational training or military experience with electronics Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited university Typically incumbents operating at this level will have had 7-10 years of experience
We're unleashing the power of technology and human ingenuity to achieve new victories in the fight against cancer. Join us and have a global impact.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.Palo AltoCA
VIEW JOBS11/27/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-02-25T00:00Support the Head of Global Support Learning and Development developing the next iteration of the Support organization training vision, brand, processes, and structure by optimizing the existing team's strength and impact. This entails leading the day-to-day operation of the training delivery team and the learning for all levels of the Support organization. This role will guide, manage and mentor our rock start Global Training Specialists team distributed in our global offices and will have a close working relationship with the training delivery team, Support Leadership team, and Knowledge Base.
* Responsible for planning, developing, and executing learning programs/deliverables from start to finish while leveraging appropriate change management practices to ensure training delivery in a timely, well-coordinated manner
* Design, deliver and support innovative, sustainable and effective customer and support focused learning solutions with a global mindset.
* Responsible for developing and managing all Support training curriculum. Brand, look, feel.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum and knowledge base and provide adjustments and recommendations as needed.
* Manage the day-to-day Learning Development team which consists of rock star Training Specialists who are strong internal Subject Matter Experts.
* Be the go-to person within Support teams for anyone with questions or queries regarding customer support training and development plans.
* Establish ongoing development cadence for Learning Specialists to develop key skills
* Work closely with stakeholders across the support teams and have a full understanding of their training requirements.
* Partner with subject matter experts (SME's) to ensure learning content, experiences and materials reflect the audience learning needs.
* Support development needs as it relates to the Global Support Knowledge Base
* 3+ years experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager, Learning Leader, Sr. Curriculum Developer or relevant experience
* 6+ years of building effective learning and development programs using a variety of Learning Methods (eLearning, Digital, PowerPoint, Classroom, etc). Previous experience analyzing learning needs.
* Experience with online and elearning software such as Articulate, Captivate, or Camtasia.
* Passion for teaching and providing the best learning experiences for learners. Experience working with customer support teams in support centers in a global market a plus.
* Generally experienced with G-Suite, Microsoft Suite, at least 1 Learning Management System (Saba, Docebo, Showpad, Absorb, etc) and Enterprise Management tools (Jira, ZenDesk - a plus)
* Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills to help translate business and/or technical concepts to Support and Leadership teams.
* Someone who can thrive in a start-up and fast paced environment is critical. The ability to lead while being adaptable, flexible and dependable is a must.
VIEW JOBS11/25/2019 12:00:00 AM2020-02-23T00:00INTERVIEWING NOW
We are hiring a Part-Time Book Fair Support Representative to work with our schools in the San Mateo County (San Mateo/Burlingame/San Bruno/Foster City) in the new school year.
Need to be available to work Monday thru Friday, scheduled to visit schools during daytime hours and occasional after-school events.
Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Part Time Seasonal Book Fair Support Representatives to help our schools in the setup of their fairs. These part time seasonal positions offer flexible schedules during the school year, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and holidays off.
Qualified candidates will be able to provide customer services that drive revenue and overall customer satisfaction in assigned markets and schools through effective execution of the sales and servicing methods of the Company. Develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer our customers the best guidance on conducting their events. Ensure that fair product is organized, displayed and merchandised according to schematic and restocked as necessary. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
* Collaborate with Inside and Outside Sales Reps. (if applicable) to develop and introduce revenue driving service tasks for upcoming book fairs and execute tasks on time within shared territory to assigned Book Fairs.
* Attend and participate in regularly scheduled planning meetings with above to insure timely execution of needed tasks.
Coordinate directly with BFCs to schedule efficient timing of required tasks.
* Be well versed in all SBF Programs and processes to support Book Fairs during various activity time segments (Pre-fair, During the Fair, Post-Fair).
* Represent the face of Scholastic in all interactions with schools personnel, parents and students.
* Continually develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer each customer the best guidance on conducting improving book fairs.
* Support the SBF mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
* Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience in merchandising, retail or district/ territory sales, event management, personal selling, or customer service.
* Proficiency with MS Office software. (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Must possess a personal desktop or laptop computer to document work activities.
* Must possess a personal smart phone to access company sponsored mobile applications on order to document and communicate activities while in the field.
* Must possess an innovative spirit while understanding the constraints of working within corporate productivity.
* Must possess a strong problem solving acumen.
* Must be quick thinking and possess the ability to act.
* Must be able to build rapport and develop trust with SBF customers.
* Knowledge of children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
* Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
* Demonstrated customer orientation.
* Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills - with peers, superiors and customers.
* Proficient in marketing and merchandising strategy and execution.
* Strong ability to work without direct supervision.
* Professional business attire and appearance.
* Current and valid driver's license with good driving record required.
* Overnight travel as necessary.
* Evening hours as needed.
* Ability to routinely lift/carry up to 25 lbs, and push/pull wheeled bookcases weighing up to 300 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Strong written and oral communication skills.