IT Support Associate
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are a fiercely innovative company thats transforming ad sales for media companies. We offer best-in-class, industry-leading technology that helps ad sales teams make more money. MediaRadar is like a Bloomberg terminal, for an ad sales rep. We tell the rep who to prospect for and provide a detailed dossier of insight on how to improve their pitch.
We have satisfied paying customers who love our products. From household names like NBC and The Wall Street Journal to industry specialists like the Journal of the American Medical Association, and online powerhouses like Facebook.
Our head of IT is looking for their right hand man or woman to help him with all things desktop support and IT related. This is a great opportunity to learn from an experienced IT lead with a great personality and a desire to mentor an awesome team member!
What youll do:
- Provide on-site and remote technical support to company employees, which includes diagnosing, troubleshooting and solving wide range of software, hardware, and network connectivity issues.
- Act as primary contact for IT support, resolve trouble tickets and escalate problems when necessary.
- Image computers and set up IT equipment for new hires, which includes desktops, laptops, phones, and peripherals.
- Decommission users and archive data according to IT procedures.
- Configure and support office VoIP equipment and network connectivity, which includes Polycom phones and network switches.
- Keep track and organize inventory of hardware, software, and licenses.
- Perform IT equipment replacement and upgrades.
- Install applications, updates, patches, drivers, and anti-virus as necessary.
- Support office printers and scanners.
- Support equipment in conference rooms.
- Lift and move moderately heavy objects, such as computers, peripherals, servers, network switches, and other equipment.
- Advise and train users on best practices.
What youll need:
- A+ Certification
- 1-2 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving desktop issues (MS Windows 7/10).
- Be able to replace and upgrade components on desktops, laptops and servers.
- Familiarity with Windows command-line to perform basic troubleshooting steps (ping/ipconfig).
- General knowledge of MS Office.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking concepts (LAN/WLAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc)
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policies, RDP.
- General knowledge on A/V systems and electrical requirements.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to follow IT procedures.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be able to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and wire/cable management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Work well independently and/or in a small team environment.
- Experience with automation a plus!
At MediaRadar, employees are encouraged to have fun and develop strong relationships with their peers. Employees love to spend their free time playing ping-pong and socializing with co-workers in and out of the office, whether at happy hours or volunteer events. Team members also strengthen their bonds at holiday functions and monthly office parties, and they enjoy great perks like Bagel Wednesdays and early release on Fridays during the summer. We also offer fantastic career progression, training and development, and a great benefits package that includes a competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, 401K, and transit discounts.
Check out what it's like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg