IT Senior Application Support Analyst
New York , NY 10007
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you someone who could multi-task in a rapid and fast moving environment? We're looking for someone like that to:
- be a part of our IBIT Foreign Exchange US production services team in New York
- interact very closely with front office FX Trading and Sales teams and associated Operations teams covering the Americas region
- you would have a high level of day to day interaction with the business at all levels
- diagnose system problems, define and co-ordinate the implementation of solutions individually and with other development and support teams
- coordinate with different internal teams and/or external parties to conduct and manage special events such as BCP tests, infrastructure change weekends, data Centre maintenance, special trading days or exchange-mandated market rehearsals
- promote the overall stability of the systems through system monitoring, proper change control management and implementation of best practices to maintain production environment
- conduct problem reviews with the relevant IT streams
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
- good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities.
- self-driven, highly motivated and have very high standards concerning quality of service delivered and attention to detail, where they lead by example and expect the same behavior of other colleagues.
- knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management
- solid Unix and Linux knowledge and practical working experience including Shell scripting (Sun Solaris, Linux)
- basic knowledge in relational databases (Sybase, Oracle) / query (SQL)
- Network (TCP/IP)
- knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl
- knowledge of the FIX protocol is beneficial
- previously worked in an Investment Bank front office environment before, preferably in the FX space
- a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
- capable of understanding client / end user issues and translating this into problem statement for further investigations within IT
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?