IT Security Engineer
Fort Lauderdale , FL 33304
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are searching for a Senior IT Security Engineer to join our growing client near Fort Lauderdale, FL on a permanent hire basis.
This is an exclusive opportunity to us. Please submit your resume along with contact information for an immediate response.
Reporting to the Enterprise Security Manager, Senior Security Engineer position will be assigned to tasks of a highly technical nature that require expert understanding of Networking, security technologies, Operating Systems, and strategies.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, at least four years of related experience may be considered as a substitute
- Ten (10) years plus of security architect or engineering experience.
- Experience with multiple security technologies.
- At least one certification in network security or networking that directly relate to the job description (GIAC, CEH, Security +, SSCP, etc)
- Skills Required: Knowledge and experience implementing general security architecture requirements such as; firewalls, end point protection, intrusion detection/prevention, encryption and other security technologies.
- Skills Preferred: Knowledge of healthcare, SOX or PCI security requirements. Ability to demonstrate the value of security initiatives to give a competitive edge. Have the ability to manage multiple projects involving many vendors and staff members.
- The Security Engineer III is expected to provide technical direction and architect solutions that will assist in the remediation of security control weaknesses.
- Acts as security technical lead on design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the company’s Network Security Infrastructure including Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and other security implementations.
- Assist with network security Infrastructure projects and phases of corporate strategic projects related to the network security operation.
- Helps to formulate systems scope and objectives and resolves complex technical issues pertaining to the security side of the network operation.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure installed systems are working effectively and proposed systems meet future organizational needs.
- Experience working with network security technologies such as firewalls, IDS, IPS, and monitoring technologies.
- Helps design network and overall security needs based on business strategies and requirements through the results of system security and vulnerability analysis, risk assessments, network architecture/platform, and integration projects
- Evaluates network and security technologies for corporate LANs, WANs, VPNs, remote sites and product portfolio companies
- Advising on equipment and software installation and calibration as well as preparing preventive and reactive measures
- Experience with multiple operating systems (internals, especially network stacks): Windows, Linux, and Virtual Machines
- Assist in the design and maintenance of security monitoring technologies and ensure they meet compliance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Stays abreast of emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities
- Enforces the cyber security culture by engaging employees in the security awareness program
- Work to identify and cultivate strong relationships with members of the organization outside of Technology
- Maintain and spread awareness of trends in the threat landscape
- Liaise with other departments to integrate security into key organizational processes
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a highly functioning and productive team.
- Possesses strong organizational, analytical and independent problem-solving skills.