Electric Supply & Equipment
Greensboro , NC 27415
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Review, analyze, develop and modify both internal and customer facing applications within established coding standards and business practices. Position is responsible for full cycle development including coding, testing and debugging.
- Analyze, design, develop and support existing and new functionalities.
- Develop new ASP.Net and Java applications.
- Develop mobile applications for Android.
- Develop Win Forms and objects in C#.
- Support and update existing web applications in response to bug reports or change requests.
- Customize and extend functionality of existing (canned) accounting and business systems.
- Create SQL stored procedures for basic CRUD operations and reporting.
- Test new functionality and fixes thoroughly, including working with the end users to ensure the update fits their needs.
- Respond to any support requests in a professional, courteous and timely fashion.
- Regularly report project progress to the IT Manager.
- Provide periodic project demonstrations to the IT Manager, stakeholders and/or end users to ensure new development performs to expectations.
- Participate in IT meetings, provide suggestions and subject matter expertise as needed.
- Document projects and processes.
- Provide support and thorough updates to helpdesk tickets
- Prepare and maintain confidential management reports.
- Modify and enhance existing applications as requested.
- Develop and maintain SQL queries, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Create technical documentation.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Comply with all company policies and safety procedures.
- Position requires understanding and knowledge of ASP.Net, C#, and Java.
- Must be familiar with and have three to five years experience in SQL development.
- Experience with Infor, AWS, HubSpot, or API development a plus.
- Experience Desired: Three or more years of experience as a Software Developer.
- Must be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and skills with other people on the team.
- Education: Minimum Level: Four-year college degree in CS, MIS, CIS, or Software Engineering.
- Position requires after hours work as needed for support of applications and systems.
- Ability to respond in a flexible manner and able to reprioritize work as situations change. This includes being able to move back and forth between tasks, projects and personnel.
- Position requires working primarily 8am to 5pm in Greensboro office.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Electric Supply and Equipment Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person, employee, or job applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. Further, it is the policy of ES&E to undertake affirmative action in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements. This policy is intended to apply to all personnel actions affecting, but not limited to compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company sponsored training, education and social and recreation programs. It is also our policy to comply with all federal and state employment law.
ES&E provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you require in order to express an interest in a specific opening by emailing: email@example.com or calling 336.574.4813. Thank you for considering ES&E for your next career opportunity.
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Medical coverage (employees may choose between two comprehensive plans)
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Life insurance (company paid and supplemental)
- Short-term disability and long-term disability are 100% employer paid benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and/or dependent care expenses
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with monthly employer contribution
- Tel-a-Doc phone consultations
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with pre-tax and ROTH options along with employer matching
- Profit Sharing Plan
- College Savings access to a 529 plan
- Company values employees time with family by typically honoring standard work hours
- Paid Time Off (employees receive sick days, vacation days, and can purchase additional days each year)
- Paid Holidays (8 per year plus employees can trade in 1 sick day for a floating holiday and 1 for a personal day)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) access to free counseling resources and work/life balance tools
- Annual on-site flu shot clinic
- Business casual work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
- Family outings and employee activities throughout the year
- Legal Services & Identity Theft benefits
Culture of Excellence
- Proven track record in providing outstanding customer service
- Named one of the Best Places to Work in NC for several years
- Scheduled company meetings
- ISO Certification
- Open door policy
- Company milestones celebrated
- Peer-to-peer recognition program (Essie Bucks