IT Network Specialist
LocationDallas FT/PT StatusFull Time Job Responsibilities:
Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 500 employees worldwide, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an IT Network Specialist to join our team of experienced professionals located at our office in Irving, TX.
Our Corporate IT team supports the servers and networks for our employees. These systems require high uptime and consequentially knowledgeable support personnel. Successful candidates will be able to work independently and collaborate on solutions - providing expertise and hands-on project
delivery, in a professional manner.
- Provide day to day support of routers, switches, and firewalls technologies.
- Provide analysis of network capacity and health.
- Implement networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure.
- Plan and recommend designs that could improve the existing network environment.
- Creating and updating documentation (to include Visio diagrams)
- Participate and provide feedback into the day to day Network Operations.
- Ability to work after hours and participate in on-call coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree/college diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- 3+ years of expertise in implementing, managing, documenting, supporting and
troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, fiber optic,
wireless access points, controllers, and monitoring applications
- Experience with MPLS, Site to Site (IPSEC) VPN and Branch Office connectivity desired
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama desired
- Experience with network tools such as WireShark and VMWare Network Insight experience
- Experience with protocols - BGP, OSPF, HSRP and VRRP or VLT
- Solid understanding of layer 2&3 with experience troubleshooting network equipment and
clients through all 7 layers
- Experience with Cisco or Dell Force 10 switches desired
- Experience with Spanning-Tree
- Solid understand of IPv4 Subnetting and must be able to properly design IP Address schemes
- 2+ years of relevant experience with 802.1q VLANs and working within industry best practices
- 2+ years of relevant experience with VMWare networking (NSX highly desirable)
- The ability to clearly and efficiently communicate with both non-technical and technically adept
- The ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Detail-oriented personality with ability to multi-task efficiently
- The ability and strong desire to learn and use new technology
- Industry recognized certifications are an asset, but not a requirement (such as MCSE, MCP,
MCSA, A+, CCNA, VCP)
- Ability to travel as required mostly within Canada and the United States (approximately 20 -
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.