Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
IT Network Engineer
North Texas Lead
Dallas , TX 75201
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Apply/View Full Description
Provides mid level technical support for the enterprise network. Addresses and resolves complex technical issues. Develops, implements, and administers the enterprise network and provides technical expertise to internal/external contacts in a 24 hour 7 days a week operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs installation, configuration, and management of the enterprise network.
- Provides Tier 2 support for the enterprise network; including switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, gateways, wifi, routing protocols (OSPF and BGP), monitoring and reporting applications etc.
- Addresses and resolves complex technical issues with internal/external customers, including assisting with problems escalated beyond Tier-1.
- Develops and maintains precise network documentation, reports and presentations for management review.
- Adheres to enterprise strategies and plans for network administration and security. Prepares and maintains device configuration, including routine backups, long-term archives, and disaster recovery support. Collaborates in the development and deployment of the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Participates in change management and incident review as needed. Document changes and actions in change management system and ticketing system.
- Monitors and analyzes enterprise network performance and security. Ensures that network performance supports enterprise applications. Develops and implements network performance and security improvements.
- Provides remote support as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note:An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
Apply/View Full Description
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field.
- Five (5) years of functional experience supporting enterprise networks.
- Datacenter knowledge and experience preferred.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred.
- Must hold a current basic network certification from a leading network manufacture at the time of hire or must obtain certification within six (6) months of hire. Certifications must stay current with industry standards.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of enterprise network hardware, software, and associated equipment.
- Ability to work variable work hours. Available in the event of required emergency response.
- Exemplary analytical and creative skills to find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Friendly, clear and courteous communicator (written and oral) who enjoys being an active member of a technical team focused on providing highly valued solutions to critical business customers and technical peers at all levels, both inside and outside of DART.
- Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Receives first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Easily gains trust and support of peers.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.