Madison Country Day School
Madison , WI 53744
Posted 1 week ago
Job Posting: IT Manager
Madison Country Day School, a PreK-12 International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, is searching for an engaging and highly motivated person to partner closely with and report to the Director of Technology & Innovation as the schools IT Manager.
Applicants should possess not just a love of all things IT but also an understanding of what it means to work in an educational environment and the desire to advance both an evolving school and their own professional expertise. The ideal candidate is optimistic, flexible, and enjoys teamwork. This role requires team collaboration in order to successfully manage all aspects of the MCDS IT assistance infrastructure. We are looking for a competent IT Manager to be the point person on all IT related infrastructure elements that support the school's mission.
Candidates must have a wide breadth of technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to diagnose issues, understand problems and find/explain solutions. A successful candidate must possess a proactive and self-starting attitude. This position reports directly to the Director of Technology and Innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (These duties and responsibilities below are intended to be illustrative only; actual responsibilities may include other tasks, as assigned and appropriate)
- Network Management and user support
- Complete and update the network equipment inventory and appropriate network documentation
- Oversee security (network, cloud systems, servers, devices, filters/firewalls, and other school equipment)
- Assist with developing procedures, maintaining records, and recommending infrastructure purchases
- Support hardware, software, setup, and support for school events, standardized testing, and school communications.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Maintain and check backups, bandwidth use, antivirus server, wireless controller, firewall, email archiving, content filter, etc.
- Manage and maintain school Chromebooks. This includes provisioning, repair, warranty, de-provisioning, and recycling.
- Maintain detailed documentation of network systems so other IT Team members can perform duties if needed.
- In conjunction with the Director of Technology and Innovation develop the annual technology budget, priorities, and timelines.
- Manage Google for Education platform in coordination with the Director of Technology and Innovation.
- Support the MCDS School-wide Student Information System on the Blackbaud platform in coordination with the system administrators.
- Troubleshooting issues through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Share technology knowledge with staff, when appropriate.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Communicate and work at all levels of the organization
- Serve as the first point of contact for faculty, students, and staff seeking technical assistance.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to plan and implement IT related projects
- Establish cooperative and collaborative working relationships with leadership, faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Illustrate organizational and time-management skills
- Accept and manage change proactively and effectively
- Be customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Openly accept and consider different perspectives
- Recognize the importance of and engage in the process of continuous improvement
- Maintain a solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrate initiative and follow through
- Actively contribute to a positive school climate
- Engage in professional inquiry for personal and collegial growth
- Communicate effectively, in English, both in written and oral form
- Champion inclusion and voice
- Have a sense of humor and have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Possess the ability to think critically and creatively
- Have familiarity and/or expertise with the vendor-specific certifications below:
- Google Cloud Certified - G Suite Administrator
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Apple Certified Associate Mac Integration Basics 10.13
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Red Hat: RHCSA and RHCE
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Display working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other digital and technology products
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Have at least 2-4+ years of experience in systems and/or network administration
- Have at least 3 years of experience in G suite
- Have at least 2 years of experience using SCCM
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
MCDS embraces and celebrates diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual identity in its hiring.
Madison Country Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the School will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. MCDS does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, hiring and employment practices, admission policies, scholarship and grant programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.