Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Littleton , CO 80122
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under the supervision of the President, the IT Manager maintains, and monitors the operation of the organizations local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN). Participates in strategic planning efforts, capacity planning, functional and technical design of enterprise systems, and resolution of complex problems. Evaluates vendor hardware, software, and telecommunications products and equipment and recommends purchases consistent with the organizations short and long term objectives. Recommends and implements LAN/WAN policies and standards and ensures adherence to security procedures. Sets up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc.). Checks computer hardware and software to ensure functionality. Installs and configures appropriate software and functions according to specifications. Performs troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repairs/fixes for desktop/network hardware and software related problems. This position will monitor, resolve, update, and track help desk tickets on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, configures, and maintains local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services including operating system software, troubleshooting software applications, servers, routers, bridges, switches, firewalls, modems, cabling, and internet services.
- Manage Colocation Data Centers
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Monitors system components on a 24/7 schedule. Responds to system alarms and takes corrective action during and/or after business hours as required.
- Researches and recommends network and data communications hardware and software both independently and at the request of the management team. Researches and recommends upgrades to meet future needs.
- Creates the network firewall and implements security measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to the network. Monitors the network to ensure only authorized usage.
- Ensures the integrity of files/databases is in line with company guidelines and network standards.
- Consults with department managers to develop desktop/system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Documents, develops, and communicates guidelines for employees use of company computers, databases, and network resources.
- Engages proactively with employees and vendors to prevent or resolve software, hardware, and operational problems.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors regarding hardware, operating systems, software, telecommunications, support, and training.
- Manages relationships with vendors and business partners.
- Interacts and supports those engaged in desktop support and web/Internet provision.
- Manages Web Team though Web Development Experience is not required.
- Assesses the need for upgrades and/or replacements
- Communicates plans, timing, and task resolution information to customers
- Communicates potential outage information immediately
- Strives for technology standardization
- With respect to Security Management:
- Develops, updates, and follows security policy and procedures
- Maintains high levels of security in configurations for PCs, network connections, and applications
- Researches and implements procedures and policies based on required security standards, such as PCI-DSS and HIPPA
- Develops, updates, and follows onboarding and departing employee procedures for any user that requires/required access to company systems/network
- IT and Project Management Experience:
- Builds and maintains an IT budget annually
- Works closely with departmental managers to determine future network needs and plans for network changes
- Develops methods and tools to be used to test and implement new LAN/WAN equipment
- Manages vendors to make sure they are doing work that is in the best interest of the company
- Assures assigned tasks are completed as expected
- Works with end users to decide what systems they need in order to be as productive as they need to be
- Manages physical and software security access for the company
- Works with facilities and/or vendors to ensure the HVAC equipment for the computer room is up and running all the time
- Must Have ERP solution, resource, and conversion experience
- 4+ years of IT Manager experience
- 6+ years successful network troubleshooting experience
- 6+ years successful server troubleshooting experience
- 5+ years successful setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices, checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards, etc.) to ensure functionality, and installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills, including proven project management skills
- Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- In depth understanding of diverse IT desktops, systems, and networks
- Thorough knowledge of Internet security and data privacy principles
- Deep Familiarizationwith the following:
- Server O/S (Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016, Cent OS/Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Desktop O/S (Windows 7 / 10, Raspbian, Ubuntu)
- LAN/WAN Networking (Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks, WatchGuard)
- VPN technologies for remote users and road worriers.
- Microsoft Server technologies (Exchange, Active Directory)
- Office 365 (Standalone, hybrid)
- Avaya IP Office
- Telephony management
- Experience with the following administrator skills:
- VMware vCenter
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Linux (Raspbian, CentOS/Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- IBM i5 (AS400 V7R1)
- Nimble (HPE), EMC SAN Systems
- Cisco Meraki
- IT security related to PCI-DSS
- Certification as IT Technician and-or Systems Administrator will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+/Network+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field will be an advantage
- Bachelors degree in IT
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Some evenings and weekends are required