IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
Petaluma , CA 94952
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Soligent is the largest pure play solar distributor, financier, and technology platform in the Americas. At Soligent, we envision a world where solar isnt just the cleanest choice for power: its the obvious choice. Our mission is to empower homeowners and installers with a tool-set that transforms the way the world produces energy. We do this by hiring talented people, empowering our team, and being mission driven. Soligent has been featured by the White House, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, The World Economic Forum, and the Atlantic among other publications. In this role, you will see and participate in the interworking of a high growth entrepreneurial large company in a sector that changes the world.
- We are the largest business of its kind in the world. With 5,000 customers in 45 countries, Soligent is an established industry leader in solar with the fast-paced and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
- You will be part of a vital team at the forefront of transforming how people use energy. Drive positive change in the world while working with the best and brightest. Our executives have built and led successful billion-dollar companies.
- We invest in you. You will learn the ins and outs of solar, be exposed to roles across the company, and receive quality training.
- Are you mission driven? At Soligent, solar is more than a job; its our future.
- Do you see solutions where others see problems? Youre not satisfied with the status quo; you constantly think about how to improve processes.
- Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty? You understand the big picture but also have an innate ability to drill down and execute with high attention to detail.
- Can you execute individually but enjoy working with a team? We support a strong culture of teamwork where its about the collective gain. Feedback is a big part of that.
- Does your word mean everything, you take responsibility for outcomes, and are incredibly persistent? We have a culture of integrity and accountability.
- Do you connect the dots easily? You can see how your role fits in with the organization.
- Are you fun to be around and able to wear many hats? Soligent is a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture. We believe saving the world should be fun.
Soligent is looking for an experienced individual to work as an IT Helpdesk Support Specialist at our Petaluma, CA Headquarters. Your job is to jump in and help the company by supporting your peers and every employee in the business. By doing this, you will make the whole company faster and better at what we do, unlocking our potential to spread solar power across America.
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determine possible solutions; tests and implements solutions
- Troubleshoots networks, systems software, hardware and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Assists personnel across all departments as a technology subject matter expert and resource.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for new and existing users on hardware and software
- Creates a positive customer experience (internal and external) by providing support for questions or issues with web applications, including account creation, login processes, and web orders.
- Resolves and manages a support queue of help desk tier 1 support tickets and route tier 2 tickets to appropriate resources.
- Manages user setup, updates, and employee start end date activities (for both hardware and software).
- Evaluates existing hardware to reuse or recycle as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Evaluates IT vendor relationships and utilization of IT resources and recommends changes to optimize service and minimize cost.
- Assists the IT department and working on other projects as needed
The IT Helpdesk Support Specialist must have the following skills:
- Experience working with desktop and cloud applications including MS Office and Google Office Suites.
- Experience working with PCs, laptops, monitors and mobile device configurations and setup.
- Proficient with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool - NetSuite preferred
- Strong customer service skills.
- A strong attention to detail and an excellent sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills, good design sense, and a creative outlook
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Flexibility and innovation as a team player.
- Be people and solution oriented with good technical and problem solving abilities
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Bachelors degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent applicable work experience.
Physical Demands: The IT Helpdesk Support Specialist must have the ability
- To speak clearly and hear oral communications by telephone and in person.
- To have close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- To sit for prolonged periods, sometimes for two hours or more when working on the computer.
- To lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- To occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Mental Demands: The IT Helpdesk Support Specialist must have the ability
- To exercise strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- To manage conflicting and simultaneous priorities and workflow.
- To work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- To understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- To practice sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
- To respond courteously and promptly to upper management demands or inquires.
- To be comfortable and at ease when speaking to vendors and other employees
- To express a professional demeanor when representing the Company.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), HSA, FSA