Pierce Technology Corp
New York , NY 10001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting to the Head of IT, this role will have IT strategy and delivery responsibility for R&D business functions. The IT Director will partner with leaders to stimulate, surface, and shape demand for IT solutions and assets. The will also ensure delivery of information technology solutions that generate business value and confirm that the results are measured and communicated.
The Director will play a key interface role with other IT and enabling functions to ensure successful alignment and enablement of R&D objectives The Director is accountable for overall business relationship management, strategic technology roadmap, identifying, qualifying, and driving adoption of technology solutions that drive measurable business outcomes for the following key R&D business functions
- Clinical Development
- Clinical Operations
- Program Management
- Clinical Safety Pharmacovigilance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Data Management
- Quality Assurance
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The candidate will have both strategic as well as operational responsibilities toward the R&D and QA business unit. The individual will work closely with clients to understand their business, the challenges they face, and how best to introduce technology as an enabler to support them in achieving their goals and operational effectiveness.
- The candidate should be able to provide valuable thought leadership that helps drive business success. The position is the first line of contact that is accountable for all technical solutions related to all aspects of technology such as Strategic Thought Leadership, Business Intelligence, Capability Mapping, Strategic RoadMap, R&D and QA Systems, Tool and Vendor selection, and all general Information technology requests.
- Engagement management responsibilities involve owning and maintaining end to end client relationships as the single point of contact and accountability with Senior Leaders within the organization.
- Drive the creation or enhancement of solutions that focus on addressing business challenges and needs that drive efficiency and performance effectiveness for the business and IT.
- Portfolio Management in this position outlines your responsibility for managing business / client requests, demand planning, portfolio and financial management for all IT engagements.
- Project Ownership as a responsibility requires you to understand the status of all initiatives in your area, as well as understand how they work and integrate into the business ecosystem. Additionally, you will drive some of major initiative and support IT Project management in working collaboratively across all IT functions, vendors, and other internal teams to ensure successful delivery of your initiatives.
- Understands clients operational needs and strategic direction, specifically in relation to overall business goals, technology system use and capabilities, information processes and performance objectives
- Identify opportunities where technology can provide competitive advantage and game-changing innovation
- Identify new industry and emerging technology solutions that will add value to your clients business
- Shape thinking on how technology solutions support the goals of the business
- Work with clients, business partners, and other stakeholders to develop business justifications, scope of deliverables, RFPs, and explorations of solution options
- Perform business and functional analysis activities for projects as required
- Analyze business requests to determine the best approach to creating successful resolution delivery solutions/projects effectively and efficiently
- Help business colleagues understand service offerings available from internal IT service providers
- Secure appropriate resources for projects, engaging with the business, and facilitating project delivery
- Collaborate with other business partners and IT Leadership to develop and execute technology strategies
- Facilitate technology initiatives which directly impact clients portfolio
- Collaborate with internal client, prepare business case(s) for IT investment and present to governance body
- Ensure business unit sponsorship, at the appropriate level, for all initiatives
- Ensure that all customer expectations have been met through delivery of services or projects
- Align IT services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered
- End-to-end accountability for project success for projects driven out of IT.
- Identify, manage, and bring to resolution all project risks/ issues. Escalate major project risks to scope, budget, or timeline to appropriate escalation points in a timely manner
- Ensure all projects are delivered with minimum business disruption and high user satisfaction
Experience And Skills
- Preferred Education BS, MS, MBA
- Preferred Discipline(s) Business Management, Information Technology
- A minimum of 10-15 years of management experience leading either business or technology teams in Pharmaceuticals or Life Science Company with focus on R&D and QA
- A minimum of 5 years experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects based on organizational objectives.
- Demonstrated track record of creating technology solutions to solve business problems (globally, or across multiple divisions or regions within a single company)
- Demonstrated Knowledge of pharmaceutical R&D processes from preclinical, clinical, Regulatory, Data Management and Quality
- Strong customer/ stakeholder relationship management skills with internal customers and constituents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous development leadership experience
- Prior consulting experience is a plus
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization.
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit or function, as well as with leadership and functional teams.
- A strategic thinker focused on business value results that utilize technical solutions.
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence C-level executives to drive business value.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods. Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Diplomacy Able to influence and motivate others using personal rather than positional power.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms. An outside-in focus outstanding end-customer relationship skills.
- Business Analysis/ Business Process Improvement
- Experience using project management methodologies and standards
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for business and technology.
- Understands the IT industry, e.g. emerging technologies and trends, industry standards, solution architecture, and the vendor landscape.
- Accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.