IT Compliance Manager
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 months ago
Fluent is a fast-growing company transforming online advertising through a commitment to performance and people-based marketing. Backed by a powerful team of experts, Fluents customer acquisition platform uses real-time, self-reported consumer insights to help our clients reach, acquire, and retain their ideal customers. As the company continues to grow, the team is proud to be a premier acquisition partner to hundreds of leading brands; we also have a shiny trophy case with some tokens from Crains and Forbes.
Reporting to the EVP of Technology, the IT Compliance Manager is responsible for evaluating, designing, and developing critical policies and procedures necessary for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 (SOX) ITGC compliance as well as other relevant IT compliance initiatives (e.g. GDPR). The right candidate will ensure a well-controlled IT environment, including logical access, data integrity, and change management at our fast-paced, growing, public company.
This position requires leadership in the IT function, including management of external IT service providers and internal and external auditors, assessment of strategic business needs, identification and mitigation of risk, and collaboration across the organization to maintain compliant IT controls.
- Participate in evaluating, reinforcing, and promoting the SOX 404 standards, documentation requirements, control design evaluation, and effectiveness testing.
- Maintain a firm understanding of all IT controls to ensure proper review and testing. Work closely with IT and Finance to ensure compliance with SOX standards.
- Conduct user access reviews in conjunction with business process owners
- Prepare and facilitate updates of IT process documentation in the areas of change management, logical access, system development lifecycle, IT operations, and interfaces for multiple platforms and applications.
- Develop, perform, and manage evaluations of the effectiveness of internal controls for financial reporting. Identify and report internal control deficiencies, recommend action plans to address any deficiencies, and report on the implementation of the actions taken.
- Participate in cross-functional committees designed to enhance overall SOX compliance programs, including the identification and development of potential improvement for key processes and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver presentations communicating risk, risk mitigation factors, and impact on unmitigated risk to senior management.
- Coordinate internal control audits by internal and external auditors and lead efforts to address all findings.
- Provide compliance training as needed to various levels within organization.
- Maintain professional certifications and related educational requirements as needed.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in regulations, governance and best practices.
- Bachelors Degree Information Technology or Information Security; Masters degree a plus
- Professional Certifications: CISA or CIA a huge plus
- Four or more years experience managing SOX 404 Compliance
- Thorough understanding of COBIT, ISO 27001/2, PCI, SOX, and NIST standards.
- Firm grasp of IT hardware, networks, development, and database management.
- Experience establishing highly effective information technology structures consisting of internal resources, contract resources, and large vendors
- Committed to ongoing subject matter expertise with SOX, applicable technology, related regulations and best practices
- Experience implementing information technology systems such as ERP systems and cloud data management systems a plus
- Experience with project management and developing/executing test procedures
- Exemplary communication and collaboration skills
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When were not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, tooCompetitive salaryDiscounted gym membershipsAmple career and professional growth opportunitiesOpen office space for team collaborationHealth, dental, and vision insurance401K with generous employer matchThe amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!