ABB is currently seeking a Production Team Leader for its New Berlin, Wisconsin location.Organize a team's progress against work plans as defined by Production Manager to ensure the proper use of equipment and assembly lines within a production area. Cooperate with the Production Manager and other support functions to create an effective work environment and reinforce ABB's value pairs while achieving our production schedules
Typical duties/responsibilities for sales may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Shift monitoring Assists management in allocating, coordinating, and overseeing shift orders and work plan execution within production lines during the shift. Approximately 85% of the time this position involves regular Production Assembler and/or Production Tester responsibilities, while the remaining 15% is Team Lead Assistant responsibilities.
Organization Provides regular feedback and makes recommendations to management regarding issues within the production line, including production line organization, shifting priorities and possible critical situations.
Staff Helps management implement staff movements in case of vacations, illnesses, machine outages or shifting priorities.
Cooperation Serves as leader during shifts to oversee cooperation and the resolution of technical/quality problems and logistic issues.
Metrics Reinforces focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery.
Health & Safety Ensures the shift operation is run in compliance with health & safety policies and guidelines.
Associate Degree and Eight years of experience in OPEX,SCM, Quality, manufacturing roles.
Project Management experience
knowledge on SAP
Proficient with MS Office Suite
Ability to read and comprehend English assembly instructions, assembly drawings, and procedure manuals
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
Contract type:Regular/PermanentBusiness unit:Business Unit Drives
Date posted:2019-03-12Job function:Production and ManufacturingPublication ID:US67868901_E3
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com